6 Home Remedies to Reduce Belly Size after Pregnancy
Reducing belly size after pregnancy is a great challenge for new moms. The abdomen gets enlarged due to pregnancy and coming back to shape takes some time. Remember, it took nine months to gain this weight and cannot be toned in a few days.
Women tend to put on weight during pregnancy and for some women it is very difficult to lose it after the baby is born. It is very important to remember not to diet or start an exercise plan immediately after giving birth – allow your body to recover first and then struggle to shed those extra pounds and reduce your belly size.
However, here we have some home remedies that you can try out to reduce your weight and belly size.
1. Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fat (MUFA), which may help reduce abdominal fat and promotes heart health by decreasing “bad” LDL cholesterol without reducing the “good” HDL cholesterol.
- Mix 2 drops of Lemon Juice in 2 teaspoons of Olive oil and consume daily.
Lemon is a well-known detoxifier; it’s a great natural weapon against water retention and could help you achieve a flatter stomach.
Daily intake of olive oil will do no harm to your body as compared to butter and other vegetable oils.
2. Honey and Water
One of the best ways to reduce belly size after pregnancy is to drink honey in water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this glass of water as soon as you wake up in the morning.
- You can also add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the honey and water mixture.
3. Green Tea
Substitute your coffee with green tea as it has natural antioxidants and will also help decrease your appetite.
- Consume two cups of green tea every day to burn fat and improve your metabolism.
4. Black Pepper and Lemon Juice
- In a glass of hot water add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of freshly crushed black pepper and mix well.
- Drink this every day in the morning to see effective results.
Home remedies to reduce belly size after delivery require a change in lifestyle and eating habits. They are the most effective yet economical ways to get rid of that bulge hanging around your waist.
Here are 5 post-pregnancy exercises for new moms.
5. Cinnamon and Clove Water
- Boil 3 inches long Cinnamon stick and 2-3 Cloves (Laung) in 2 liters / 8 glasses of water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drink this water lukewarm in winter and cold in summer instead of plain water for first 40 days after delivery.
- You can add honey to it to enhance the taste.
The effects of Cinnamon have been found to work better on abdominal fat than anywhere else in the body and it will tone up your tummy naturally within 2-3 weeks.
6. Cumin Seeds and Lemon Juice
- Add 5 gm Cumin seeds (Zeera) in 2 glass of water.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes, strain and mix ½ lemon’s juice.
- Drink 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening.
Cumin has fat busting properties and burns fat from the abdominal area at a rapid rate. In fact, Cumin can improve your body’s fat burning ability by 25 percent. It also improves the digestive process which results in better assimilation and absorption of nutrients by the body. This prevents the storage of fat by the body and results in weight loss. Cumin seeds (Zeera) are also helpful to produce more breast milk.