6 Home Remedies for Gum Disease (Gingivitis)
Gingivitis or gum disease is one of the common problems almost everyone faces. This may cause problems such as bad breath and bloody gums. But this can be avoided by following these easy gum disease treatments.
This is probably the most common homemade solutions that can be used to cure gum disease. Salt is easily available in every household. It is really effective as it is an antiseptic and antibacterial condiment. It can help treat inflammation, and as an added bonus, it can also help fight against infections and bacteria that rest in your mouth.
- Mix ½ tablespoon of salt in hot water
- Use this solution to gargle and rinse your mouth
- Repeat until the problem is resolved
2. Turmeric for Gum Disease
Turmeric contains antioxidants and can help treat inflamed gums. It can help reduce pain and swelling as well. Plus, it can also be used to fight against bacteria in the mouth. Turmeric can be used till the problem is resolved or the issue subsides. You can improve gum health and also fight against bacteria with turmeric paste.
- Mixing ½ teaspoon of turmeric with water to make paste
- Apply the paste to your gums and leave it on for about ten minutes before rinsing
- Another way is to just use this paste and brush it on your teeth twice a day to get better results
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda can be used to help reduce the acids in the mouth and therefore, reduce the chances of tooth decay or even various diseases. Also, it has antiseptic properties which can help prevent certain types of infections.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon baking soda with water to make a paste
- Apply it onto your gums either with your finger or tooth brush
- Leave it on for a minute or two and rinse
4. Lemon Juice for Bleeding Gums
Lemons are nature’s natural antibacterial and also contain properties to cure inflammation. It is rich in vitamin C that can help prevent several bacteria from causing infection.
- Squeeze a lemon and mix it with water to make a solution
- Use this solution as a mouthwash
- Do this few times a day and reduce gum bleeding
5. Aloe Vera for Gum Problems
Aloe Vera has various medicinal properties, and is also effective against gum diseases. It can help prevent bacteria from causing gum problems, and can also be used to relieve pain in sore and inflamed gums.
- Cut an Aloe Vera leaf and extract the gel
- Rub the aloe gel directly onto your gums and leave it there for few minutes
- The cool aloe gel will improve the condition of your gums greatly
Clove can be very helpful to treat gingivitis or weak gums with its antiseptic properties. While clove also has antioxidants, it can help fight against bacteria.
- Chew about two cloves to treat your gum problems
- Or you can add a few drops of clove oil in water and use it as a mouthwash for gum problems and gingivitis! Find More Home Remedies