7 Home Remedies to Treat Toothache
Toothaches can vary greatly, from gentle soreness to an excruciating throbbing pain in your teeth or around your jaws. Some of the main causes of toothaches are pits, a contamination, an uncovered tooth root, a broken tooth, gum ailment, a loose filling, or jaw joint issue. The pain also varies from person to person, depending on the main cause. If it doesn’t fix on its own, despite all the remedies, then you should see your dentist because, the pain can be a symptom of other diseases related to nerves etc. as well. Accept it or not, we are all too lazy when it comes to regular checkups, let alone when we have a real issue. We wait for a week or so till the pain becomes unbearable. In the mean time, you can also try some regular solutions to alleviate the pain.
1. Hydrogen peroxide
Sounds harsh? Well it isn’t, really. It is used for several other reasons like getting rid of acne, so, why not give it a try? To eliminate microscopic organisms and soothe some pain. Swish with a mouthful of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. This can give temporary alleviation if the toothache is joined by fever and a foul taste in the mouth (both are indications of contamination), however like other toothache cures, it’s just a stopgap measure until you see your dental specialist and get the source of disease cleared up. A hydrogen peroxide solution is just to rinse. Spit it out, then wash a few times with plain water.
2. Pepper and salt
Salt blended with pepper can be of incredible use when a tooth turns out to be overly sensitive as both the things have antibacterial, soothing and pain relieving properties.
- Blend even measures of pepper and basic salt with a couple drops of water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste specifically on the influenced tooth and permit it to sit for a couple of minutes.
Do this every day for a few days.
Utilization of garlic can likewise give massive alleviation from toothache. Garlic has anti-toxin and other therapeutic properties that can be exceptionally compelling in decreasing this pain.
- Mix crushed garlic clove (or garlic powder) with some table salt or dark salt
- Apply it specifically on the influenced tooth to ease the torment. In the event that you favor, you can bite maybe a couple cloves of garlic to get help.
- Repeat this normal treatment for a couple days.
Clove oil is much more useful for toothaches, but we don’t usually have it in our homes. But, we do always have cloves. It is a spice used in our desi food all the time.
Cloves have calming, antibacterial, cancer prevention agent and sedative properties that reduce tooth torment and battle infection.
- Grind two entire cloves.
- Blend in somewhat olive oil or any vegetable oil and apply on the influenced tooth.
Another choice is to dip a cotton ball in clove oil and rub it on the sore tooth. On the other hand, you can blend a couple drops of clove oil into equal parts a glass of water and utilize it as a mouth wash. Clove oil can be found in any superstore.
Fresh guava leaves can also alleviate toothache, thanks to their anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antimicrobial properties.
Simply chew one or two tender guava leaves until the juice starts working on the affected tooth. You can also use raw spinach leaves in the same way.
Another remedy is, put four to five guava leaves in water and boil it. Allow the solution to cool to a warm temperature and add some salt. Use the solution as a mouthwash. This is refreshing and can ease down the pain.
6. Vanilla Extract
Vanilla extract is another well-known home solution for reducing toothache as it numbs the torment. In addition, the vanilla has a calming impact.
- Dip a cotton swab in vanilla extract and spot it on the influenced region.
- Do this a couple times each day until you get alleviation.
Remember all those times when your mother used to yell at you for stealing ice cubes from the freezer. You tongue went numb and you got a brain freeze? Well now that is going to help you for real. If you have cold packs at home then well and good but in case you don’t then it’s time to steal a few more ice cubes.
- Wrap a small ice cube in a thin cotton cloth. Hold it on your cheek near the aching tooth for a few minutes. Make sure that you don’t open nerve ending because that is going to worsen the pain.
Apart from these remedies use toothbrushes made for sensitive tooth and learn a proper and adequate way brushing your teeth.