Treat Nausea with Home Remedies
Do you feel like throwing up in the morning when you wake up? You are probably experiencing nausea. Nausea is a queasy feeling that is caused by various factors. It may be the result of something you ate last night, motion sickness; or if you are pregnant, you are more likely to feel nausea and morning sickness. However, medication may help ease symptoms of nausea, there are some natural home remedies for nausea as well to soothe and calm your stomach.
Nausea arises due to variety of conditions, and understanding the cause is important to decide the most appropriate treatment.
Ginger is an ancient home remedy used to treat upset stomach, diarrhea and nausea. It is an excellent and effective treatment for nausea during pregnancy as well. Whether it is consumed in the form of ginger ale, ginger tea or even raw, it effectively helps cure nausea. Ginger root contains chemicals that give relief from vomiting.
- Boil some grated ginger or a ginger chunk in water. Let it cool, strain and drink it daily in the morning whenever you feel nauseous. You can also add honey to it for an improved taste.
- Chewing or sucking a small piece of ginger can also give a quick relief.
Lemon is known for its natural calming effects to reduce nausea. The citrus scent can help diminish the murky feeling of morning sickness.
- Squeeze fresh lemon in a glass of water and drink it every morning to prevent morning sickness.
- You can also suck a small piece of fresh-cut lemon or even chewing a lemon candy would do to ease the symptoms of morning sickness.
Peppermint is one of the effective home remedies for nausea. It helps relief morning sickness and is also helpful in coping with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or indigestion.
- Prepare peppermint tea by adding 1 tablespoon of peppermint leaves in a cup of boiling water. Boil it for 10 minutes and strain it on cooling. If desired, you can add a spoon of honey to it. Sip it slowly and enjoy the tea.
- Another alternative for nausea treatment at home is to put a few drops of peppermint oil on a piece of cloth and inhale it for its soothing effect.
Fennel seed soothes upset stomach to a great extent. This aromatic spice is used to calm the stomach and give quick relief from nausea.
- Chew 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds after meals. This will help digest the food.
- You can also prepare fennel tea. Boil 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds in water. Let it stand for few minutes before straining. For a refreshing taste, add few drops of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey.
Drink Plenty of Clear Liquids
Vomiting and nausea is never pleasant. If you have upset stomach, stick to fluids until you feel better. Drink liquids such as water and fresh fruit juices. Water is the best medicine. It keeps you hydrated and helps prevent diarrhea and vomiting.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water every day to prevent nausea and to feel good.
Try these 6 Teas to Ease Your Stomach Problems.