Home Remedies to Get Rid of Facial Hair
Facial hair is an embarrassing beauty concern for women. Issues like PCOS, hormonal changes and medicines can cause growth of extra hair on face. The most common way of removing these unwanted hair is threading, bleaching and waxing. However, laser treatments and electrolysis are expensive and don’t always work.
The best way to get rid of these hair is at home with natural products and give it time to work. You have to be patient for good results.
Chick Pea Flour
Chickpea flour exfoliates your skin and also helps remove facial hair.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- 11/2 teaspoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Make a paste and apply it all over your face.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Scrub it off once it dries.
- Apply this twice or thrice a week. (You can also use rosewater and yogurt instead of cream and milk).
Abnormal hair growth is due to an excessive production of androgen in women. Spearmint tea can help balance the hormones. Study shows that women should drink herbal spearmint tea twice a day for 5 continuous days during the follicular phase of their menstrual cycles.
- Add 1 teaspoon of spearmint tea to a cup of boiled water.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink it hot.
Gelatin Peel-off Mask
This mask is messy and a bit smelly but anything for the unwanted hair. Keep the mask away from your eyes and eyebrows.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin with 3 tablespoons of milk
- 4 drops of lemon juice
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- Heat the mixture in a microwave for 15 seconds.
- Apply the mixture on to your face instantly. (Make sure you don’t burn your skin).
- Let it sit on your face so that it sticks properly.
- Peel off the mask. Your unwanted hair and blackheads will come off immediately.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of wheat bran, milk and rosewater in a bowl.
- Scrub your face with this mixture after one minute of applying it onto your face.
- Keep on scrubbing till the bran dries.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this daily and then reduce to once or twice a week.
- Your hair growth will decrease eventually.
Orange and Lemon Mask
The orange and lemon peel scrub helps remove excessive facial hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of powdered lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon of powdered orange peel
- 1 teaspoon of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of ground almond
- Make a paste by adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- Apply the paste all over your face and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Rub the mixture all over your face in a circular motion.
- Scrub for 1o minutes and then wash your face with water.
- Repeat this twice a week till you clearly see a difference.
Note: All the scrubs can remove unwanted hair, however, the hair should be soft. Also, you need to be patient when it comes to home remedies to remove facial hair.