5 Natural Moisturizer Recipes for Your Dry Skin
Have you been searching for the perfect moisturizer for your dry skin? Winter is the worst time for people with dry skin. It’s so hard to keep your skin moisturized throughout the season. Here are all-natural recipes of DIY moisturizers and body butters to make your skin soft and moisturized!
Read on if you’d like to know how to moisturize dry skin with these wonderful organic recipes, and make natural moisturizers for dry skin in your own kitchen!
1. Banana Mask
- 1 medium-sized banana, ripe
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mash up the banana and fold in the yogurt and honey.
- Mix well into an even paste and smooth it onto your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
The potassium in the banana will give your skin a vitamin boost, while the gentle acidity of the yogurt will loosen any dry skin flakes, leaving your face baby-smooth and moisturized.
2. All-Natural Body Cream for Dry Skin
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Shea butter
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 5 drops pure vanilla extract
- You can double or triple the ingredients for a larger batch.
- Blend well and spoon the mixture into an opaque glass jar to protect the oils.
- Add 5 drops of pure vanilla extract.
Luxurious body cream that smells and feels delicious! It perfectly moisturizes your skin!
3. Organic Vanilla Body Cream
- 2 tbsp Shea butter
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4 tbsp sweet almond oil
- ½ tsp vanilla absolute
- Put all ingredients straight into the blender and puree until smooth and emulsified.
- Store the final mixture in a glass jar to protect the ingredients from oxidation.
- In warmer temperatures, the mixture will liquefy, which is still a wonderful treatment for cuticles, elbows and heels.
- If you prefer a thicker cream though, stick it in the refrigerator and it solidifies just enough into a thick, beautiful, moisturizing cream.
- This vanilla body cream is perfect to use on body, hands, feet or face; a wonderful treatment for itchy dry skin.
4. Whipped Body Butter
- ¼ cup each: Jojoba oil, coconut oil, mango butter and Shea butter
- 3 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil
- Add solid oils together and melt in the microwave on a very low setting for 4-6 minutes.
- Add Jojoba oil to the melted mixture and stir to combine.
- Add grapefruit and lavender essential oils to mixture and stir to completely blend.
- Cool the oils in the refrigerator to solidify then place in blender.
- Blend until a smooth butter is created, then transfer to a container and allow the mixture to set for about 24 hours.
- A wonderful moisturizer for the body, hands and feet id ready!
5. All-Natural Coconut Rose Body Butter
- 60 grams coconut oil
- 60 grams Jojoba oil
- 15 grams cornstarch
- Alkanet root-infused oil
- Lavender and palmarosa essential oils
- Melt coconut oil using a double boiler and remove from heat once thoroughly melted.
- Add jojoba oil and cornstarch to melted coconut oil.
- Add several drops of alkanet root-infused oil.
- Add 30 drops each of lavender essential oil and palmarosa essential oils; then refrigerate to solidify and transfer everything into the mixer. Mix until whipped.
- Transfer whipped body butter into a clean, sterile container.
- A little goes a long way and has a nice delicate rose and lavender fragrance.
- This coconut rose body butter is a great way to keep your skin moisturized.
So there you have it, 5 DIY recipes of all natural, organic creams, body butters and lotions to keep your dry skin beautifully moisturized throughout the winter months. Try each one and see which ones you love to slather on, and save your skin in winter—enjoy!