15 Home Remedies for Dry Damaged Hair
When dealing with dry hair, a good place to start is to rummage your kitchen for some economical and natural hair care ingredients. Using ingredients from your pantry is not only convenient but also the easiest way to treat dry damaged hair naturally at home, with spending big bucks
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask
- Combine 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 3 egg whites
- Then rub the mask into your hair.
- Keep your hair covered for about a half hour using a shower cap.
- Shampoo and rinse.
2. Sandalwood Oil
- Mix a few drops of sandalwood oil with a few drops of olive or jojoba oil.
- Rub the mixture between your palms, then smooth it through the ends of your hair for instant sleekness.
3. Wrap Wet Hair Dry
As an alternative of rubbing your hair with a towel after you get it wet, wrap up your hair in a cotton towel, and let the cotton absorb the moisture for a few minutes. This helps protect against further split ends.
4. Use Botanical Oils
Olive, jojoba, and sweet almond oils are all wonderful oils for dry damaged hair. If your hair is thick and heavy, coconut oil works well.
- Apply a small amount of the botanical oil until your hair is completely covered.
- Top off with shower cap and warm towel for about 30 minutes.
- Then rinse and shampoo your hair.
5. Hot Oil Treatment
Hot oil treatment is one of the simplest and effective remedies for dry hair. The best part about a homemade hot oil treatment is that you can make custom blends to suit your hair type.
6. Egg Hair Mask
Egg yolk is another wonderful dry hair remedy. It conditions your hair shafts and keeps them moisturized.
7. Honey and Vegetable Oil Hair Mask
- Take 2 tbsp. honey and 2.tbsp. vegetable oil, mix them and make thick paste.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and wrap it with a plastic shower cap.
- After 15 minutes, remove the cap and shampoo.
The moisturizing property of honey will give you soft smooth tresses.
8. Avocado and Banana Hair Mask
When it comes to sealing moisture in your hair, the efficiency of avocado can never be ignored. Bananas can increase the elasticity of your hair shafts and make them stronger and softer.
9. Mayonnaise Pack
If you want an instant remedy for dry hair that does not need much preparation, go for a mayonnaise massage. This hair treatment can easily be done at home.
10. Vinegar Wash
The acidic nature of vinegar helps balance out the pH of the scalp, normalizing oil production.
11. Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Aloe Vera is one of the best ingredients you could use for repairing damage and dryness of hair. It also boosts scalp health and encourages healthy hair growth.
12. Gram Flour
Gram flour is one of the most common ingredients used in hair and skin care.
- Add 1 cup Coconut Milk and 3 tbsp. Gram Flour, in a bowl.
- Ensure that there are no lumps. Apply this gram flour hair mask to your hair, starting from the roots and working your way down to the tips.
- Put your hair up in a bun and wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
13. Essential Oils
Essential oils such as lavender or rosemary carry various beneficial properties that help condition your hair while maintaining scalp health.
14. Amla Powder and Lime Juice
Indian gooseberry or amla can do wonders for dry hair. It not only conditions your hair but also nourishes it.
15. Lemon Juice Massage
Lemon’s acidic nature makes it perfect for balancing out the pH of your scalp and cleansing your hair.