Uses of Gram Flour (Besan) for Hair
The typical kitchen ingredient, besan (gram flour), is an age-old Ayurveda remedy for every hair problem that you might or might not face. Not only for your skin, but besan also works for your hair to them look amazing, healthy and gorgeous.
1. Gram Flour for Hair Cleansing
This all-natural product is a brilliant hair cleansing agent.
- Make a thin paste of besan and water, and apply it to your hair.
- Wash it out after 5-10 minutes for clean, shiny and chemical-free hair.
- Make sure the paste isn’t too thick, or else you’ll have bumps stuck in your strands.
2. For Long Hair
By using besan frequently, as a cleanser or as a hair pack, you can get the long hair that you’ve always imagined of but didn’t achieve because of damaged strands.
- You can make a deep-nourishing hair mask with besan, almond powder, yogurt and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Coat your hair with this mask and wash off after it dries.
- Do this twice a week for quick results.
3. Besan Fights Dandruff
Gram flour will help you get rid of dandruff. Use it with yogurt, this will cause the dandruff flakes on your scalp to peel off faster.
- Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour and add 3 tablespoons of yogurt to it.
- Mix it until you get a smooth paste.
- Add water if the consistency is too thick.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
4. Improves Shine
Adding eggs to besan hair mask will make your hair more shiny.
- Mix 1 egg white to 2 tablespoons of gram flour.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon, and a tablespoon of yogurt to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients until you get a fine paste.
- Apply it gently along the entire length of your hair.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes until it dries.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
5. Nourishes Dry Hair
Make a hair mask using gram flour, olive oil, and yogurt and use it on your hair. These three ingredient hair mask will nourish your hair well.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add yogurt to it make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and along the length of your hair.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes until it gets dry.
- Wash it off with cool water.
6. Besan Hair Mask Prevents Hair Fall
Besan is not only good for hair growth, but it also prevents and stops hair fall.
- Just whip up a hair pack using besan and half a bowl of yogurt.
- Apply this mixture to your hair.
- Do it regularly and you will notice a dramatic reduction in hair fall.