Creamy Fruit Chaat
Creamy fruit chaat is the basic Pakistani fruit salad with a twist. Seasonal fresh fruits are drizzled with a creamy dressing made with condensed milk and cream sprinkled with dried fresh fruits for garnish. Make sure it’s served cold!
- ½ cup cream
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 peaches, chopped
- ½ cup fruit cocktail
- Chaat masala, to taste (optional)
- ½ cup cherries
- Sliced dried fruit, for garnish
- Take a small bowl and add condensed milk and cream. Mix with a whisk and set aside.
- Wash and cut the apples in cubes. Sprinkle lemon juice on apples so that they don’t brown. (Apples can be peeled or unpeeled, based on personal preference.)
- Wash, peel and cut the mangoes in cubes. Set aside.
- Peel and slice the bananas. Set aside.
- Wash, peel and cut the peaches in cubes. Set aside.
- Put all the cut up fruit in a large glass bowl. Add canned fruit cocktail followed by the creamy dressing. Mix together and then add sliced dried fruit with cherries for garnish.
- Sprinkle with chaat masala (optional) and serve cold.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and chaat masala. Mix well, and adjust spices accordingly.
- Garnish with cherries and more chaat masala on top.