Healthy Snacks Recipes for Pregnant Women
Pregnancy for many people is a free ticket to get away with a lot of things. As hard as the experience maybe on the body and for women emotionally you can’t deny the fact that people are extra nice and tend to overlook all of the crazy. One such craziness is the random cravings. You may feel nauseous everyday but once cravings kick in, you have got to have it immediately. And look, your body is literally acting like a human incubator and your hormones are as if boiling in a pressure cooker, so it’s not that weird to imagine all the bizarre things your mind tells you wants. But as satisfying as indulging yourself may be, there is a huge list of things that are not good for your health as well as the babies. There’s the fact that after you give birth, all these added calories and junk will be harder to shed. So we have compiled a list of healthy snacks recipes below that will not only satisfy your cravings, but they are also healthy and extremely easy to make.
Baked Potato with Mint Yoghurt, Olives, Tomatoes and Green Onions
If you are craving a hearty carb snack that will speak to your soul, then this is it for you. Make a chunky loaded baked potato.
- Take a large russet potato, cover it in olive oil, wrap it in tin foil and bake in an over at 120 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the potato is cooked through.
- Then, scoop out some of the potato to form a sort of hollow and fill it with healthy vegetables such as capsicum, tomatoes, corn, green onions, olives etc.
- To top it off, add a dollop of Greek yogurt or mint yogurt and you’re done!
Peanut Butter and Bananas
Craving some dessert? Well, this simple combo can satisfy any dessert craving and provide you and the baby with a bunch of nutrition. And there’s no prep time involved.
A good choice for breakfast and for a mid day craving! This simple recipe can be customized for your mood and make you feel full for longer. Simply, make a batch of your favorite dry fruits such as almonds, walnuts, dried apricots, dried cherries, raisins, cranberries, etc. You may want to mix a whole wheat low calorie cereal to this. Now every time you crave a little snack, eat a hand full of this mix or add some greek yogurt and fresh fruit to it and enjoy!
Tortilla Chips and Guacamole
And good ol’ chip and dip cab be very hard to replace. But substituting oily potato chips with whole wheat tortilla chips and some fresh guacamole is the best and might I say, a tastier option.
Popping some kernel in a pan with a lid is literally just as easy as I just described.
- Add a tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt to your sauce pan.
- Add two fists full of kernel and cover with a lid until you hear the thunderous popping of the corn.
- Once ready, add some powdered mozzarella, salt and some paprika to the top and mix well.
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet potato chips are also a great make ahead snack so you don’t have to worry about cooking it when you want to eat it.
- Just cut up some sweet potatoes in very thin slices.
- Lay them on a baking tray and sprinkle some salt and olive oil.
- Bake for forty minutes or however long it takes for them to be crispy.
- Take them out and store them in an air tight container.