This Just In: Coffee Is Healthy!
Not that it makes much difference in our consumption, but it’s kind of nice to know that your four daily cups of coffee aren’t going to kill you of heart disease or a sudden stroke. You know?
Full disclaimer: there are some people who should be weary of too much coffee, i.e. pregnant women and people with existing heart conditions.
Here’s what you need to know about your coffee
- A new research has shown that people who drink four cups of coffee or more have a whopping 64% lower risk of early death than those who do not drink coffee at all.
- Coffee was previously pointed out as the cause of diseases because researchers had not isolated other behaviors from the study such as smoking, drinking and a sedentary lifestyle.
- New research shows that coffee in fact, reduces your risk of diabetes, stroke, liver disease, Alzheimer’s and cognitive issues such as depression
- Health benefits of coffee include antioxidants and ant-inflammatory properties
- It can help you lose weight! That’s what we want to hear. Coffee can actually increase your metabolic rate resulting in weight loss
- It helps your physical performance and increases energy levels. The caffeine present in coffee stimulates your nervous system and increases adrenaline levels. So have a cup of coffee 30 minutes prior to your workout and see if you notice a difference in your energy levels
- Just because coffee seems to be healthy, doesn’t mean it remains so after adding in creamers, 2 sugars and a shot of caramel. Try using healthy alternatives such as honey and organic milk to get the maximum benefits from your cup of coffee
Also, do try to use good quality coffee as not all brands are good for you. Be informed and aware of what is going inside your body for the maximum health benefits.
Now go, be free, enjoy your coffee.