Can Yoga Lower The Risk Of Diabetes?
Diabetes is a health condition that can happen to anyone irrespective of age, place, race or genetic-history. However, it can be controlled with a little care and awareness. Eat mindfully (follow our diabetes diet) , work out regularly and give a few minutes to yoga and meditation every day and you will notice the difference in your health.
Yoga and meditation is the art of maintaining a harmonious balance between the body and mind. Moreover, for those who wonder how to prevent diabetes or relieve the symptoms of diabetes, yoga and meditation techniques can help greatly. Although a regular workout session is excellent, yoga and meditation provide unique health benefits that effectively restore proper function and the healthy state of our body. Let’s learn how.
Yoga for Diabetes
Yoga is gaining popularity around the world in order to improve one’s overall lifestyle. An increasing number of people struggling with diabetes are turning to yoga in order to keep their condition under control.
Yoga reduces stress
When you are under stress, the secretion of the glucagon hormone increases which is responsible for raising blood glucose levels in the body. Therefore, regular practice of yoga can help reduce stress in the body and the mind.
Yoga controls weight gain
This is the foremost thing a diabetic patient has to keep in check. Thus, regularly practicing yoga can help lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar level and keep weight in check.
This yoga asana is recommended for diabetics. It increases the blood supply throughout the body and improves insulin levels in the body. Practice it peacefully and steadily and reap its many benefits:
- Sun Salutation promotes comfort and stability along with the strains and stretches in the body.
- It increases the blood supply and oxygen supply to the various organs and increases their functioning and efficiency.
- Relax your muscles and practice Sun Salutation for longer period to get good results.
This is one of the best yoga asanas for weight loss. It has calming effect on nervous system, mind and brain which reduces the stress level, slows the process of fat accumulation and helps combat the disease.
Other yoga poses for diabetes:
- Shoulder Stand Pose
- Plow Pose
- Sitting Half-Spinal Twist
- Corpse Pose
Meditation for Diabetes
Meditation is a divine art of relaxation. It is a technique of focused and controlled breathing that helps relieve stress and various physical ailments. Furthermore, according to studies, meditation also helps people with diabetes.
- Calm, quiet and profound contemplation are the characteristics of mindfulness that help you get rid of your worries and anxiety.
- It helps relieve depression and which are common symptoms found in diabetics.
- Meditating regularly can help drop sugar cravings by cultivating awareness to combat the condition and live well
Yoga and meditation are not only about the bends, twists and breathing, but they are the techniques that help prevent many physical, mental and psychological problems. So, whether it’s yoga or meditation, it’s important for diabetic people to find a way to relax.