Derma Roller: A Magical Tool For Your Skin!
Who knew needling can be so beneficial for your skin
The thought of pricking multiple needles on your skin might sound agonizing but you’d probably give it a chance if the process promises flawless skin, right? Because who doesn’t want good skin!! Derma rolling is fast gaining popularity due to a myriad of benefits from fading stubborn acne scars to evening out the complexion and a lot more. Trust us when we say there’s a lot to look forward to if you’re intrigued to give it a try – but mind you it takes at least two applications to see a difference, so you must give it time for effects to show.
Derma roller is a portable roller-device with microneedles – needles ranging in length from 0.25 mm to 1.5m – which can be rolled over the skin. As you roll it on your skin in up and down and sideways motion, it creates tiny punctures on the skin which triggers skin repair, leading to the creation of new collagen. Collagen is the part of the connective tissue that helps in firmness, strength, suppleness, and elasticity in skin. So this tiny tool has a lot to offer clearly! – you can buy it online via various e-stores and the price depends on the the needle size.
Microneedling is an ideal method for filling in fine lines and wrinkles, thickening and plumping the skin under the eyes (diminishing under eye bags and dark circles), and even plumping up the lips. It can also prove to be an effective treatment for acne scars and discoloration since it penetrates the skin so deeply. Since it renews the skin, when it is used in conjunction with a serum (as it should be), it boosts ingredient absorption up to 90%.
How to use it at Home:
Dermatologists/Aestheticians usually advise not to use the tool at home but small needle sizes from 0.1-0.5 are safe to use at home with caution of course. The perfect size to use at home is 0.2 which is easy to handle and can provide the desired results with frequent usage.
- Firstly, wash the tool with an anti-bacterial solution and allow it to dry.
- Wash your face with a cleanser and completely dry it off before using the tool.
- Start rolling the tool sideways and up and down motion five times on each part of the face including the neck.
- The pricking feeling may bother you at first and there will be redness afterwards.
- Right after the application, use a serum or face oil all over the face because this is the time your skin will allow the product to seep in and absorb.
- You can use a vitamin C serum or something that provides the skin deep moisturization and helps with the healing process also.
- Dip the tool in anti-bacterial solution again and leave it to dry.
There maybe irritation and redness after the first use but your skin will eventually get used to it and effects may soon be seen. The redness maybe there the next day after the usage but it will go down if you use the right products. There maybe some flakiness and itchiness the next day so moisturize as much as you can.