11 Tips to Improve Your Health Right Now
The start of a fresh new year is always the best time to reevaluate your health and fitness goals. Make this the year that you get in the best physique of your life. People often make a big deal out of this, they tell you it’s too hard, unless you put tons of money into a personal trainer or hours every day into your fitness routine, but the secret is – it’s easier than you think. There are a few simple health tips you can try WITHOUT wasting too much time or money, that can get you into a much fitter world.
Health Tips to Improve Your Health Right Now
- Begin by getting in touch with other like-minded, motivated friends. Find some buddies who also have New Year Resolutions to kickstart their health. You can all work out together, compare results with one another, and keep one another inspired and motivated.
- If you’re looking for an easy way to get started, try aiming for a brisk walk or jog in the morning. Modern research is saying that early morning walks in nature are great for your psychological health. It goes a long way in calming you down and getting you primed for an amazing and fulfilling day. Physiologically speaking, your cortisol levels are highest in the mornings at about 7 or 8am, that’s your body telling you move it!
- If you’re ready to go all out and grit it a bit more, look into high intensity interval training (HIIT). It’s a new weight-loss strategy being used all over the world, in fact it’s solid for all-round fitness. The core concept here is to get your heart-rate up repeatedly, in this way your metabolism keeps getting jumpstarted and you scorch fat for hours to follow. This technique is amazing for two major reasons. First off, it doesn’t take too long at all. Just 25 minutes of high, followed by low, and then high again, cardio is enough to get you huffing and puffing. Better yet, it can be accommodated into most kinds of cardio. That means it doesn’t matter if you’re into swimming, running, biking or whatever – it works whichever way you prefer.
- Now let’s start talking about health generally. Make sure you’re getting enough water. It’s essential for all your main bodily functions, that means you should be getting 6-8 glasses a day.
- Eating healthy is easier said than done, but the battle is won at the supermarket or bazaar. If you don’t stock up on junk when you’re in the store, then you’ll have nothing but broccoli and yogurt when you open the fridge with a midnight craving.
- Avoid late night dinners. This is simply, because food isn’t digested properly when you sleep right after eating, and much of it goes to belly fat.
- Taper down the junk food. We know it’s hard going cold turkey, which is why we believe it’s much more practical to take small wins in the right direction. That means going from 10 soft drinks a week to 9, to 8. You won’t even realize it when you cut your weekly intake by half.
- If you’re finding it hard to leave your guilty fridge pleasures, opt for healthier choices. For instance, go for dark chocolate over any other, it’s actually good for you.
- Start using smaller plates and bowls. It’s basically an optical illusion – you’re duping your brain into thinking that you’re eating more food, when in reality, you’re having less.
- Get in the habit of drinking green tea, it’s loaded with anti-oxidants, so are most fruits and vegetables.
- The biggest thing here is a mindset change. This is a mental battle. You need to be committed to bringing results, and only then will the results happen. It’s okay to have a cheat day, but be regular with diet plan and exercise routine.