Home Treatment for Pimples and Redness after Waxing
No girl wants people calling her a hairy gorilla. But the idea of waxing and those tiny red bumps that show up a few hours after waxing bug you like anything. So, how to get rid of these itchy and uncomfortable red pimples after waxing?
Your face is the most sensitive area and it is very common to get acne, especially on your upper lips and eyebrows, few hours after waxing there. Here are a few tips to make your life easy, and alleviate the discomfort after waxing.
1. Do not use soaps on skin right after waxing. Soaps, face washes and scrubs are something that you shouldn’t even think about. These things contain harsh chemicals and can cause damage. Be nice and gentle to your skin. Simply wash your skin with cold water and pat dry.
2. Cover your skin with a damp cloth soaked in rose water or aloe vera extract. Plain water will also do fine. This is important, because your skin is more prone to dirt and the bacteria that cause acne. So, to keep these away, a damp cloth or a tissue works amazingly.
3. Stay calm after getting waxed. Do not go straight to the kitchen and stand for long hours in front of the stove. This causes sweating, which may cause harm to your skin, and tempts you to clean off the sweat with your sleeve, which will be very harsh for sensitive skin. The temperature will cause redness and itching leading to bumps and acne. So, it is best to stay in room temperature.
4. Waxing is painful and often leaves your skin sore and itchy. Always apply a hydrating moisturizer or a soothing lotion on your skin right after waxing. This may help bring the redness to minimum and also ease down the itching.
5. You can also apply tea tree oil all over the affected area. This will cure the acne within a few days. Afterwards, apply witch hazel gel on the affected area.
6. Mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey, half teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Apply this mixture over the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes. Apply this mask at least twice a week to see good results.
7. Aspirin is another option in case you have nothing organic at home. Mash up aspirin and make a paste with water. Apply a little bit of it on the pimples. This will dry up the acne and make healing process quicker. Wash it off after it dries.
8. Aloe vera has amazing healing benefits. Just scoop out its gel and massage it over the waxed area once or twice daily. It has no side effects, hence, can be used as many times as you like. This will cure the redness after waxing and also leave no scars behind.
9. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is not only for your salad dressing but it is also great for your hair and skin. It has anti fungal and anti bacterial properties due to its acidic nature and works against bacteria. Neutralize apple cider vinegar with water and apply it onto your skin as a toner. This will close the pores and fight pimples.
10. Yeast sounds strange but yes it really does work. Mix a few teaspoons of instant yeast with yogurt and make a thick paste. Apply this paste all over the affected area. Wash it off once it dries up. This will cure the red bumps and clean all the scars as well.
11. Multani mitti and sandal powder are easily available. Mix sandal powder, multani mitti and turmeric powder with yogurt to make a paste. Apply this paste over the affected skin. Use this mask only once in two weeks. Wash the mask off once it dries. It cleanses the skin and removes bacteria, and also helps get rid of acne and all the blemishes as well.