8 Natural Remedies for Dry and Chapped Lips
Our lips lose moisture for many reasons, including unhealthy habits such as licking our lips, change of seasons, and our diet. While it’s important to stock up on lip balm, these home remedies can also help cure chapped lips fast.
Honey is a great moisturizer and has healing and antibacterial properties. It also effectively treats chapped lips.
- Apply honey on your chapped lips a couple of times a day.
- You can also make a paste of honey and glycerin and apply it before going to bed to enjoy softer lips in the morning.
2. Rose Petals
This remedy will help your lips stay moisturized while also enhancing its beautiful color.
- Wash a handful of rose petals thoroughly in water.
- Soak the petals in milk for a few hours. (If you have issues with dairy products, you can soak them in glycerin instead.)
- Mash the rose petals into a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your dry lips two to three times a day and every night before going to bed.
Cucumber is a perfect treatment for dry and sore lips.
- Slice up a cucumber into thin pieces and leave them on your lips for five minutes.
- It will rehydrate dry lips and make them feel smooth.
4. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice works to nourish the skin on your lips and prevent aging.
- Make a mixture of 1 teaspoon of cream with 3 drops of lemon juice.
- Refrigerate the mixture for an hour and then apply it on and around the lips before you go to sleep.
- It will leave your lips feeling smooth and soft.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an easy at-home remedy for chapped lips.
- Apply some coconut oil to your lips as needed to cure your dry lips fast.
6. Sugar and Honey Scrub
Exfoliating your lips with a good scrub can help remove dead skin and help your lips feel rehydrated and smooth.
- Mix sugar and honey together and rub it into your lips.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- For a deeper exfoliation, apply the scrub with a soft toothbrush.
7. Green Tea Bags
This dry lip treatment is one of the oldest and most effective in the book.
- Press a used green tea bag onto your lips for 4 minutes.
- Try to do this every day in order to moisturize your lips as much as possible.
8. Milk Cream
The high fat content of milk cream makes it a great natural lip moisturizer.
- Apply fresh milk cream on your lips and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Then gently wash your lips with lukewarm water.
- Do this daily to make your lips softer faster.