According to research, everyone loses 50 to 100 strands of hair every day as a part of a natural cycle. But what if one day you notice that you are losing way more hair than usual and don’t know the cause of this sudden hair fall?
Below, we have gathered few causes of sudden hair loss:
Skipping meals forces the body to direct its energy towards essential functions rather than strengthening hair. Eat proper meals throughout the day so that your hair can get the nutrition it requires.
Bleaching damages the hair’s outer cuticle which causes moisture to escape faster, leading to dry and brittle hair. It is recommended to use a non-bleach or ammonia-free hair color so that your outer cuticle doesn’t get damaged.
A hot shower makes hair brittle, dry, and more prone to breakage. It is suggested that before getting out of the shower make sure to at least wash your hair with cold water for 10 seconds to close the pores and lock in the moisture.
Bad Sleep Pattern
Having a bad sleeping pattern and not sleeping well puts more stress on the body, causing hair loss. You should have at least 8 hours of sleep for a healthier lifestyle.
Aggressively Brushing Your Hair
Tugging and brushing your hair roughly causes breakage. It is recommended to use a comb rather than a hairbrush which is gentler on your roots.
Haircare tips to keep in mind:
- Massage your hair with hot oil once a week.
- Use homemade hair masks made with common kitchen ingredients like egg white, curd, aloe vera, honey, olive oil, and onion or beetroot juice.
- Make sure you always condition your hair
- Don’t use a rough towel on your hair or comb right after a wash as wet hair is more prone to breakage
- Don’t over-style your hair post a cut. Heat is known to cause irreparable damage.