10 Unique Ways to Use Green Tea for Your Beauty
The use of green tea started from China where it was used for medicinal purposes to cure depression and headaches. Later, even more benefits were found out and the use of green tea spread around the world. Apart from the health benefits, green tea is also beneficial for hair and skin. Following are few ways of using green tea for your beauty.
1. Improves Complexion
Green tea has antioxidants thus detoxifies your skin if applied topically. It reduces blemishes and scars.
- To make you skin complexion better, open 2 already used green tea bags.
- Take out the leaves and add 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Add a little bit of lemon juice to the mixture and apply it on your face.
- Wash it off with warm water after 15 minutes.
- This mask can be used twice a week.
2. Green Tea for Puffy Eyes
Green tea has antioxidants that can help reduce the puffiness under your eyes as well as the dark circles. Green tea helps reduce the puffiness by shrinking the blood vessels. The high amount of vitamin K present in green tea helps lighten the dark circles around your eyes.
- Simply put used and refrigerated green tea bags on your eyelids and relax for a while.
- Continue doing this for 15 minutes daily till you get your wanted result.
Our skin starts showing signs of aging and spots at very early age if we do not take care of it properly. The free radicals and the UV light ruin your skin by causing brown spots on the skin.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of green tea and a bit of turmeric powder.
- Apply it on your face and neck.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
- Use this face mask twice a week.
4. Green Tea for Acne and Pimples
Green tea has anti-bacterial properties that help fight against bacteria that cause pimples on your face.
- Apply cold green tea on the pimples with a cotton swab.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Do this twice daily till the scars go away.
5. Skin Toner
Green tea works amazingly as a toner. It is essential to use a toner right after washing your face to keep the pores clean and closed.
- Apply green tea mixed with a bit of essential oil to your face.
- You can put the mixture in a spray bottle and store it in a cool place.
- This green tea beauty tip will reduce the breakouts and shrink the pores on your face.
6. Grow Healthy Hair with Green Tea
Green tea has antioxidant and thus detoxifies our body which promotes hair growth. Applying green tea to your hair can prevent dry scalp.
- Wash your hair with cold green tea after shampooing your hair.
- Even drinking green tea regularly can boost hair growth.
7. Green Tea Scrub
Scrubbing your skin can make your skin healthy and appear brighter than usual. It prevents breakouts and keeps the pores clean.
- Make a scrub my mixing 1 cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons of salt, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 mint teabags, 3 green tea bags and 4 drops of essential oil.
- Keep this mixture in an air tight container.
- Scrub your body with this mixture while taking shower for fresh skin.
8. Anti- bacterial Properties
Green tea has anti-bacterial properties. Soak your foot in a mixture that contains green tea.
- Mix 1 cup of Epsom salt, 2 tea bags of green tea, 1 teaspoons of fresh dried lavender buds, half teaspoon of essential oils in warm water.
- Soak your feet in it, sit back and relax.
Moisturizer is essential for healthy skin. Hydrated skin looks healthy and it glows.
- Make a moisturizer by whipping the mixture of green tea and coconut oil.
- Apply this onto your skin after shower.
10. Green Tea Face Mask
If your skin looks dull and your face looks like you haven’t slept in days then this is the right mask for you.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of ground green tea and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in 4 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply this mask on your face and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water and then apply a toner.
Image Credits: google