Being on a calorie deficit can sometimes lead to hunger pangs throughout the day or the urge to eat more before going to bed. This can stall your progress. Here are a few tips and tricks that can help you to stay full while on a calorie deficit diet and will keep you on track.
- Add more protein to the diet. Along with all its nutritional benefits, protein-rich foods are high in satiety and will keep you full for a longer time
- Add more green veggies to your diet. Veggies high in fiber do not add extra calories to your diet and are great for adding bulk to your meals.
- Consume fruits that are high in water content like watermelon, oranges, and apples.
- Avoid salad dressings, dips, and processed foods that are high in calories, low in satiety
- If you cannot avoid soda or caffeinated drinks then include zero calories drinks like diet soda, black coffee, etc.
- Increase your water intake. Filling your stomach with water means you will feel less hungry throughout the day. So, keep yourself hydrated as much as you can.
- Sleep for 7-8 hours a day, keep your hunger hormones in check
In the end, prepare a plan that sustainable for a longer period. Include food items that are high in satiety which will keep you full for a longer period. Keep in mind do not follow a very low-calorie diet.