This grilled chicken salad is a healthy and filling option for lunch or dinner. Switch up the vegetables based on what is available in season.
For the Grilled Chicken
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard paste
For the Salad:
- 4 – 5 lettuce leaves, sliced
- 2 cups ice-berg lettuce, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cucumber, chopped
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl. Add the marinade ingredients and toss together.
- Let sit for 15 – 20 minutes to marinate properly.
- Heat oil in a grill pan. Place the chicken breasts and grill chicken for 4 – 5 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove from pan, and let cool before slicing.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Whisk till mixed and set aside.
- Take a large bowl and add chopped lettuce leaves, ice-berg, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Drizzle about 1 – 2 tablespoon of the dressing and toss to combine.
- Taste and add more dressing if preferred.
- Top with sliced chicken and mix through.