5 Sweet dishes to Make This Meethi Eid
All the ladies out there are probably stressing over what to cook for Eid. Everyone in the house has their own favorite recipe and you’ll have to make all of them since its Eid, right? You should always prepare at least two days ahead just in case you are missing out on some ingredient. If you are unable to choose or too confused, here is a list of five Sweet dishes to make this Meethi Eid that your guest will surely love.
1. Khoya Seviyan (Vermicelli)
- Vermicelli 1 packet
- Khoya 1 ½ quarters
- Cream 1 cup
- Sugar as per taste
- Almonds 100 grams
- Pistachios 100 grams
- Cardamom 6 tsp. (powder)
- Kewra Essence 2 tbsp.
- Ghee ½ cup
- Boil seviyan in water for a minute.
- Strain it out.
- Heat ghee and add vermicelli.
- Fry it for a while and then add khoya and fresh cream.
- Mix well.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Cook it well. Then add pistachios, almonds and kewra essence.
- Garnish with chopped almonds, walnuts and cream.
- Serve Cold!
2. Cinnamon Bean Pie
- Pie crust 1 of 9 inches
- Canned beans 2 cans
- Eggs 2
- Sugar 1 ¼ cup
- Unsalted butter ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon 1 tsp. (powdered)
- Nutmeg 1 tsp. (grated)
- All spice ¼ tsp.
- Baking powder 1 tsp.
- Evaporated milk 1/3 cup
- Partially bake the frozen pie crust.
- Prick the pastry and line the pie plate with the rolled out dough.
- Put a foil sheet on the bottom and on the sides of the pie.
- Fill the pie with beans.
- Preheat the oven up to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and take the pie out.
- In a bowl mix drained beans with an electric mixer till smooth.
- Add eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla. allspice powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and then beat it.
- Combine milk and baking powder in another bowl.
- Mix both the combinations together and blend till smooth.
- Pour this filling into the pie.
- Bake the pie for 50 minutes.
- Serve it at room temperature.
It is a Bosnian dish and is very easy to make.
- Sugar As per taste
- Apples 6
- Cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon powder
- Grated walnuts and almonds ½ cup
- Plain yogurt ½ cup
- Whipped cream
- Boil cinnamon sticks and sugar in water.
- Meanwhile peel and core the apples.
- Boil the apples.
- Now make the filling by first smashing up the nuts.
- Mix yogurt, the nuts and cinnamon.
- Stuff this filling the cold apples and store in fridge.
- Serve cold and topped with whipped cream, walnuts, almonds, cherries and cinnamon!
4. Date Truffles
- Pistachios 1½-cup
- Dates 1½-cup
- Orange water 3 tbsp.
- Honey 1 tbsp.
- Coconut 1 cup (dried)
- Toast the pistachios.
- Shred the coconut separately.
- Bring the toasted pistachios and dates to make a paste.
- Mix orange blossom water and honey to this blend.
- Form balls and then roll over the coconut.
- Serve! You can also put chocolate syrup on top for decorating.
It is the easiest to cook and yummy when served cold.
- Milk 5oo ml
- Rice 8 tbsp.
- Sugar 8 tsp.
- Cardamoms: 3 pieces
- Chopped nuts 4 tbsp.
- Oil 1 tbsp.
- Water 3
- Soak the rice in water for half an hour.
- Drain the water and grind rice.
- Grind sugar and cardamom seeds together.
- Add the ground rice to heated water in a pan.
- Boil milk in another pot and then cook if for 10 minutes.
- Mix the rice, milk, sugar and cardamom.
- Cook for 10 minutes and mix.
- When it reaches the right consistency turn off the flame.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Serve hot or cold! Find More : Recipes