Caramel Pineapple Trifle
This decadent caramel pineapple trifle can be made with just a few ingredients. Start off with plain cake slices, and a drizzle of caramel sauce, and then vanilla scented whipped cream. Top it off with pineapple chunks and grated chocolate.
- 1 cup cream (must be chilled)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 loaf plain cake (can be made from scratch or purchased from bakery)
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits or chunks
- Grated chocolate, for garnish
- In order to whip cream well, it needs to be chilled as well as the equipment used.
- Place cream in the fridge till it is chilled.
- Take out cream in a glass or steel bowl. Place it on an ice-beat and whip till soft peaks form.
- Sift icing sugar, and whip till medium firm peaks are formed. Add vanilla essence and set aside.
- Take a rectangular glass serving dish and layer it with cake slices.
- Drizzle pineapple juice, followed by about 2-3 tablespoons of caramel sauce.
- Place a layer of cream, and then top with pineapple tidbits and more caramel sauce. Adjust the caramel sauce based on the sweetness level preferred.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.