Boiled Egg Pakora or Anda Pakora
Pakoras or fritters is a popular fried snack in Pakistan. This particular variant- Egg Pakora, is made using boiled eggs dipped in a spicy gramflour (besan) batter and fried till golden and crispy. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup
Egg Pakora Recipe
- 2 cups gramflour (besan)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Water, as required
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled
- Boil eggs in a medium-sized saucepan till they are hard-boiled. Cool and peel. Cut the eggs in half and set aside.
- In a large bowl add gramflour (besan), salt, coriander powder, red chili powder, coriander seeds and baking soda. Add water to make batter. Set aside for at least 30 – 45 minutes.
- The batter should be thick enough to make pakoras (fritters). If it is too thin, add a little more gramflour (besan) and if it is too thick add water to fix the consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, karahi or wok. Dip the halved boiled egg individually into the batter and fry.
- Fry the pakoras till golden and crispy on both sides.
- Remove on a kitchen towel and serve hot.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on the top and serve with chutney or ketchup.