This Bhindi Ki Sazbi with tomatoes and onions make for a delicious vegetarian dinner.
How to Make Bhindi Ki Sazbi
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilli, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- ½ kg ladyfinger/okra/bhindi
- Water, as required
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Coriander, for garnish
- Wash the ladyfinger or bhindi well. Let it drain in a colander, and dry out completely.
- Cut the ends of the ladyfinger and then slice into rounds. Don’t wash the ladyfinger after it has been cut.
- Heat the oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, and cook for a few seconds till they splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste, followed by green chilli and tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then add ladyfinger.
- Mix together and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, and turn heat to low. Cover with a lid, and then cook on low heat till the ladyfinger is cooked through.
- Add lemon juice and a handful of chopped coriander. Mix and serve hot with roti.