What is Cellulite? Is Cellulite Removal Possible?
Have you looked down and noticed dimpled appearances on the skin of the hips and thighs? If so, then yes, that is cellulite. You will more commonly see it in women than in men. This difference is owing to the difference in the way fat is distributed in the body of men and women.
The vertical arrangement of collagen fibers between the dermis and muscle in women form “pockets” where fat cells tend to grow. The buildup of fat and fluid in these pockets is cellulite.
The word cellulite may make it seem like it’s a medical condition, but it’s not. It is just normal fat beneath the skin which tends to pucker because it pushes against the connective tissue. It isn’t harmful; however people do try to get rid of it because of its unpleasant appearance.
What Causes Cellulite?
Fortunately, cellulite does not translate to “overweight.” Unfortunately, however, even thin people can have cellulite. If overweight people have cellulite, then losing weight can help get rid of it. The presence and appearance of cellulite is influenced by the following factors:
- Lack of healthy diet/poor diet
- Skin color and thickness
- Hormonal alterations
- Measure of total body fat
- Rate of metabolism
Cellulite shows more on lighter skin than dark skin.
Natural Cellulite Removal
- Warm water with lemon: When you wake up in the morning, make sure the first thing that you ingest is warm water with lemon in it. This natural and easy home remedy will help detoxify your body, rid you of all toxins, balance body pH and help you with weight loss.
- Stay hydrated: Adequate hydration is the key to maintaining healthy tissues and your lymphatic system.
- Exercise to sweat: Sweating is a great way to help clean your lymphatic system. Run, perform a high intensity cardio workout or a hot yoga session to break some sweat.
- Keep your diet wholesome and nutritious: Welcome the Brassica family of vegetables heartily because studies have unleashed their significant role in the reduction of estrogen levels in the body. Also, eat more fruits and completely rid your diet of processed foods and fried eatables that are loaded with saturated and trans fats.
- Cut down sodium: Sodium contributes to water retention making your skin look lumpier and dimply.
- Go for a lymphatic or deep tissue massage: these can be costly, but if you’re really desperate to remove that cellulite, then this will be worth your money.
Therapies for Cellulite Include
- Methylxanthine: Reduction of cellulite can be achieved through this group of chemicals which include methylxanthine, theophylline and caffeine. These chemicals are constituents of many cellulite creams and are known for their ability to break down fat.
- Massage treatments: Several machines have been made to help get rid of cellulite through massage. One technique which was originally introduced in France in the mid-1990s is Endermologie. This technique makes use of an electrically powered devise which sucks pulls and squeezes the targeted area to be freed of cellulite. These treatments are expensive and usually last for a period of 35-40 minutes.
- Cellulite diets: Special types of diets called “cellulite diets” have been proposed and proven to be successful for managing cellulite. The foods in the diet help enhance circulation in areas of cellulite and eventually kill it.
- Wraps: For cellulite treatment, several herbal and other types of wraps have been introduced in salons. These improve the appearance of the skin, however, their effects are temporary and may not be as effective as others because they don’t really detoxify the body.