As the temperature increases day by day in Pakistan, working out is getting increasingly difficult. So does taking care of the hair! Looking after your hair during workouts is an absolute nightmare! There’s sweat, tight ponytails, wax in your hair, and frequent washing but that’s no reason to stop your workouts!
Here are few hair care hacks to help you achieve healthy hair too!
The Basic Rules of Workout Hair
- Do not shampoo your hair every day: Don’t wash your hair every day regardless of how often you sweat. Excessive shampooing deprives the scalp of its natural oils.
- No dry shampoo on wet hair: If you use dry shampoo on wet hair, it will leave a cakey residue.
- Add dry shampoo before you start working out: This will prepare your hair strands to absorb sweat during workout.
- Use sulfate-free shampoos: Sulfate can strip away moisture and hydration from hair strands
- Always pat dry: Pat dry when you’re your hair is wet. Don’t rub too hard.
Pre-Workout Prevention Plan
- Braid or Bun it up: Keep your hair tied will make sure that your hair doesn’t get tangled while you work out. This will make brushing and styling your hair post-workout easier.
- Use Dry shampoo: Dry shampooing will reduce the amount of sweat and will prevent your hair to look greasy.
- Co-wash rather shampoo: Washing your hair frequently will cause more damage. You can always wash it with just a conditioner.
- Do not pull your hair back too tight
- Allow your hair strand to air rather than using a hairdryer