How does gaining weight may increase the risk of breast cancer?
Managing weight is a challenge for most people, especially for people in their adulthood. This weight gain puts them at higher risk of severe conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and types of cancers. For women, being overweight or obese after menopause increases the risk of breast cancer.
You must be wondering how weight gain is related to breast cancer? This weight gain puts them at higher risk of severe conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and types of cancers. Still, according to many studies, the link between weight gain and breast cancer is complicated, such as the location of the extra weight matters. For example, having excess fat around the belly may increase the risk of breast cancer than having the same amount of extra fat around thighs or hips.
Here are some tips for easy weight loss, which will reduce the chances of breast cancer.
- Create a healthy diet and workout plan.
- Limit sugar, sweets, and refined carbohydrates
- Eat your meals in small portions and fill up your plate with fresh, nutrient-dense foods, such as fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
- Avoid daily use of meat and dairy products.
- Don’t cook meat, poultry, and fish with the skin as it contains more fat.
- Eat lots of fruits, veggies, and whole grains to keep your satiety for a longer time.
- If you are a fan of dairy products, choose non-fat milk and dairy products.
- Most importantly, drink water and avoid sugary drink, soda, lemonade, sweetened iced tea, and juices