How to Use Clarified Butter (Ghee) for Your Hair
Ghee is the form of fat that you can pamper your body with. This tasty substance has been part of our life, culture and food since forever. Did you know that ghee goes beyond cuisine and the benefits of ghee extend to your hair too? Read on to know what ghee can do to your hair and how it can make your hair shiny and glossy
1. Fights Split Ends
Dry, coarse hair means lots of split ends. But with ghee, you can easily fight against this common issue.
- Warm up a little ghee and apply it to the ends of your locks.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo after an hour.
2. Deeply Conditions Hair
You can use ghee for hair, and turn dry and frizzy hair into soft, shiny and manageable tresses.
- Mix equal parts of ghee with olive oil and massage deeply into your hair for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a good shampoo.
3. Ghee can Make Your Hair Silky
Use ghee as a hair oil to get silky, soft hair.
- Wash your hair and apply ghee directly on the hair
- Wait for 20 minutes and rinse off with water with some added lemon squeeze.
- Lemon will give a natural shine to the hair.
4. Ghee can Prevent Dandruff
The vitamins and minerals of ghee help get rid of dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Mix ghee with lemon juice.
- Apply on the scalp and massage for some time. Rinse off.
5. For dry hair:
- Mix hot ghee and almond oil.
- Apply this on scalp and the ends of hair.
- After 15 minutes, rinse off to remove oil from the hair.
This is a great natural remedy to prevent dandruff.
6. Treat Scalp Infection with Ghee
Ghee is an effective remedy to treat scalp infections. It also helps kill the bacteria that cause scalp infection. Massage the scalp with warm ghee twice a week to get rid of scalp infections.
7. Prevents Premature Graying
To avoid graying of hair, apply warm ghee on hair like hair oil is applied. Wrap the hair in a towel for 15 minutes, later rinse off with mild shampoo.
8. Stimulates Hair Growth
People have been using ghee for hair growth, and you can get the same benefit too.
- Just massage your scalp with warm ghee mixed with equal parts coconut oil.
- The blend nourishes your scalp and encourages hair growth.
9. Turns Hair Smooth and Shiny
You can also improve the texture of your hair drastically by applying ghee to it in a regular manner. It will impart great smoothness, extra shine and beautiful bounce to your locks, so that you fall in love with it all over again.
- Mix 2 tbsp of ghee with coconut oil and massage the mixture into your hair.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and shampoo off.
- You’ll be left with shiny, bouncy hair.
Now, you know why and how to use ghee for your hair. So, when are you going to add it into your beauty routine?