Natural Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite
Cellulite affects more than 85 percent of women, representing all shapes and sizes. It is most common in the thighs, but it can also be present on the legs, buttocks or stomach. Those who have cellulite can feel tenderness, or tightness in these areas that may also sag sometimes. Why do women mostly suffer from cellulite can be understood by the fact that the female hormones are considered to be the main cause of cellulite.
These hormones lead to the problem of connective tissues by promoting formation as well as expansion of fat cells, weak veins, fluid retention, and weight gain. Sometimes though, cellulite may result from other factors such as smoking, stress, obesity, pregnancy, lack of exercise as well as genetics. These causes themselves explain that you can get rid of cellulite with some lifestyle changes like doing exercise, having the right diet as well as through some home remedies for cellulite.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can be helpful to get rid of cellulite. It’s rich in minerals, potassium, magnesium and calcium. All these elements play a key role in washing out toxins and water retention around the thighs and stomach.
This in turn reduces bloating and cellulite. Plus, apple cider vinegar also helps you lose weight and less fat means fewer cellulite.
2. Add a bit of honey.
3. Rub the solution on the affected areas.
4. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
5. Follow this treatment twice daily until you get the desired results.
2. Then wrap the area with plastic wrap and put a warm towel over it for one hour.
3. Remove the wrap and rinse the area with lukewarm water.
4. Do this once daily until you get rid of cellulite completely.
You can also mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey, and drink it two times a day on a regular basis.
- Coffee grounds – ½ cup
- Virgin olive oil
- Mix a little olive oil with the coffee grounds in a clean bowl.
- Next you heat the mixture for 20-30 seconds. (make it warm).
- Now you apply this coffee ground – olive oil mixture to the affected area.
- Cover it by using a plastic wrap.
- After about thirty minutes, wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- For best results, do this twice a week for few weeks.
Tomatoes with Lime Juice
Tomato is a rich source of lycopene, which helps prevent the breakout of collagen in the skin and protect it from the deposition of toxic fat.
- 2 – 3 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 2 – 3 tomatoes
- Crush 2 – 3 tomatoes to make a paste.
- Next, you mix this paste and fresh lime juice well.
- Apply this mixture to the cellulite are and massage gently.
- Leave it for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Do this daily to completely get rid of cellulite.
Dehydration is definitely one of the main causes of cellulite. It gives the skin a wrinkled, aged and lumpy look that’s not attractive at all. Hydration, on the other hand, smoothens the skins surface to give it a healthy glow and texture. Water also helps with detoxification. So start drinking, at the very minimum, eight to ten glasses of filtered water every day. Try and drink water first thing in the morning, and be sure to add a slice or two of fresh lemon or cucumber (or both) to your water. Lemons and cucumber are powerful detoxifiers.
Cayenne pepper has now become popular as an excellent fat-burning food. The capsaicin component of cayenne pepper has anti-inflammatory properties and thus helps reduce any inflammation in your body. The fluid filled cellulite can also be reduced through cayenne pepper.
• 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
• Fresh lemon juice from a whole lemon to a glass of warm water.
• Have this 2-3 times a day.