10 Ways To Pamper Yourself At Home
What are some ways to pamper yourself at home? It’s time for a day of relaxation, so try some of these easy relaxation tips and beauty tips for an at-home spa experience.
1. Peppermint Foot Scrub
They say peppermint is a relaxing scent, and it also makes a refreshing foot scrub!
Mix together a peppermint foot scrub with 2 cups of granulated sugar, 4 drops of peppermint oil and 1/3 cup of coconut oil (substitute olive or almond oil). Mix the sugar and oils together, until it forms a smooth paste.
2. Mani & Pedi Makeover
- Start off by soaking hands and feet in a moisturizing bath (add powdered milk or coconut milk to water).
- Use a pumice stone to scrub rough skin.
- Try using a rough nail file first, a buffer second, and a polisher or smooth nail file to finish.
- Remove cuticles with a special tool, or push them back by applying oil to loosen the skin.
- Apply polish last.
3. Facial Mask
Cucumbers and all, the ultimate face pampering experience is a refreshing facial mask. Pick up clay from the store to mix a mud mask, or do it yourself with a few things laying around.
- A mashed banana should do the trick.
- Blend up a refreshingly cool banana facial mask. Mash a banana into a paste.
- Squeeze in the juice of a lemon.
- Additional optional ingredients include: a spoonful of honey, olive oil or an egg white.
- Form a facial mask, and leave it on for 15 minutes.
4. Restore Tresses
Restore the look and feel of your hair by removing it of unwanted hair product build-up.
- Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar to the grated zest of a lemon to clear buildup from hair—leave the serum on for 15 minutes.
5. Eyebrow Fix
It may take practice, but all you need is a long piece of sewing thread.
- Take both ends of the sewing thread and tie them together with a knot to form a long circle (about 15 inches).
- Apply powder to the area of the brow that will be threaded.
- Hold the thread in both hands and twist a few times in the middle—this twist is where you will catch the hair and pluck it with a pull of the thread.
- Control each side between two or three fingers and work in front of a mirror for optimized success.
6. Skin Restoration
There are two ways to restore your skin. One is to pamper the skin with diluted coconut milk (dilute with about half the amount of water), and another is to use powdered milk for a moisturizing soak to restore the skin of hands and feet. Coconut milk is an ultimate ingredient for skin restoration, and you can also drink it for the same effects!
7. Relaxation Music
Flip on some music, and escape into a mode of relaxation. Try sounds of nature, classical, or even meditation music to transform a room into a stress-free pampering zone.
8. Comfort Food
Try something that tastes great now and won’t leave you feeling regretful later. Skip the pint of ice cream for your favorite fruit smoothie instead.
9. Old Movie Marathon
Oh nostalgia. Sometimes the best pampering comes from fond old movie memories, so escape away with a blast from the past. Embrace old favorites for a little cushion of added comfort.
10. Read a Good Book
Skip the cinematic experience, and try a good book instead. One of the best ways to pamper yourself is by getting lost in a good story. There’s no better way to relax than within the world of your own imagination.