Russian salad is a world-famous salad comprising of a variety of fruits and vegetables in a creamy mayonnaise based dressing. Served chilled, it tastes absolutely delicious in the hot summer months. This recipe comprises only fruits and vegetables, but based on personal preference, chicken or eggs can be added to make it even more filling.
- 2 medium potatoes – peeled, boiled and cubed
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 1 apple, cubed
- ½ cup boiled macaroni or pasta
- ½ cup pineapple, cubed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cream
- ½ – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (adjust to taste)
- Boil potatoes in salted water. Once cooled, cut into small cubes and set aside.
- Boil peas till soft. Set aside.
- Boil ½ cup macaroni as per packet ingredients. Cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile make dressing by adding mayonnaise, cream, salt, black pepper, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Take a large bowl and add carrots, peas, apples, macaroni, pineapple and potatoes.
- Stir with a spoon and then add the dressing in dollops around the bowl.
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled.
Note: Ingredients of the salad can be tweaked on personal preference. Some options include boiled and cubed chicken, chopped eggs, canned fruits other than pineapple, and chickpeas.