Belly fat is often the most difficult and stubborn body fat to get rid of. While there are numerous exercises for the reduction of stomach fat and toning of the abdominal muscles, equal significance must be awarded to dietary choices. Keep in mind that everyone has belly fat, thin people included. While a healthy proportion is important to provide cushioning for the vital organs within the body, too much fat can cause several diseases including heart diseases and diabetes. Along with at least 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week, make a conscious effort to include the following foods in your regular diet. These foods prevent the accumulation of belly fat mostly by generating feelings of being full which in turn prevents any overindulgence in unhealthy, fat-laden foods.
Top Foods To Fight Belly Fat
Not all of these foods may be suitable for your health. Before making any dietary modifications make it a point to consult your doctor for an expert opinion. While these foods are generally accepted as nutritious and healthy, they may not be the most appropriate choice for your body. Your doctor will be able to suggest suitable alternatives with the same properties.
- Walnuts: An excellent way to curb cravings or unhealthy sweet treats.
- Almonds: Loaded with dietary fiber, vitamin E and vegetable protein.
- Avocados: Brimming with cholesterol reducing compounds that keep the heart healthy and strong.
- Dark chocolate: When consumed in controlled portions it can prevent heart disease, stroke and diabetes. The best benefits are derived from dark chocolate that contains a high percentage of cocoa.
- Berries: These bite-sized juicy fruits are not only chock-full of flavor, but also contain rich quantities of dietary fiber.
- Eggs: Rich in vitamin B12, researchers state that eggs help to metabolize fat efficiently.
- Beans and legumes: Often touted as one of the best diet foods, beans and legumes have a low calorie count, contain adequate protein, and have ample dietary fiber.
- Oily fish: Experts recommend having oily fish at least twice a week because it contains heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids that counter the effects of cholesterol and provide healthy fats to the body.
- Peanut butter: This delicious product is often consumed as a snack. The natural, unsweetened variety contains copious amounts of niacin which prevents abdominal bloating and keeps digestion in check. However, since peanut butter can be fattening when consumed excessively, be sure to eat limited quantities. A tablespoon a day should do the trick.
- Leafy green vegetables: Apart from being full of vitamins and minerals, leafy green vegetable are also full of dietary fiber which keeps cravings at bay.
Apart from a nutritious fiber-rich diet and regular exercise, medical experts also recommend getting adequate sleep every night for healthy weight maintenance. 6 to 7 hours is the ideal duration for undisturbed sleep; anything less or more than this time frame causes fluctuations in eating patterns and can lead to an increase in belly fat accumulation. Moreover, binge eating while under stress can also jeopardize your health. Avoid stress triggers by engaging in a relaxing hobby or by spending time with family and friends. Your health should always be your top priority, so stay healthy and take care.