Health is wealth. Kicking off the New Year with your best body yet should be a top priority. No one can argue that striving towards your physical best is one of the smartest things you can do. Unless one is already jacked and/or trying to bulk up, nearly everyone wishes they could shed a few pounds of adipose. The slim and slender look is timeless; it never goes out of style. Not to mention it’s better for your heart, your joints and your mental health. It doesn’t matter if you’re on the cuddly side, or whether you just have a few stubborn pounds left, everyone could use some pro tips to kick their metabolism into high gear push and push forward to their health goals.
- Start out small by using smaller serving sizes. Size down your plates and your bowls. It’s a tried and tested method to dupe your brain into eating less. It works!
- If you’re into chocolate, consider tossing out the milk chocolates and opt for dark chocolate instead. It’s scientifically proven to pump up your metabolism. That means more fat gets burnt faster.
- While on the topic of speeding up your metabolism, include green tea in your diet. It achieves the same objective as the above mentioned. The antioxidants also go along away in fighting lethal cancer cells.
- Choose water over soft drinks. The latter are loaded with refined sugars. It’s just empty calories. Water, on the other hand, helps speed up your metabolism and fills up your stomach. Dieticians recommend 8 glasses of water a day.
- Make an effort to shop healthy. If you’re committed to lose weight, tap into your motivational momentum while at the supermarket and buy less junk food. You’ll thank yourself later. At least that way, when you open your fridge in the middle of the night for midnight snacking, all you find will be salad and green tea. Bulk up your pantry and kitchen with healthy snacks for when you’re feeling hungry. Remember, abs are made in the kitchen.
- Use Olive Oil instead of saturated fats when cooking. Polyunsaturated fats have a multiplicity of benefits. In addition to help you stay lean, they aid in preventing breast cancer and Alzheimer’s.
- Intermittent Fasting is one of the most effective and popular ways to scorch fat these days. It involves abstaining from food for approximately 12-15 hours, although beginners usually start smaller. Doing this properly can help you lose those extra pounds.
- Let’s talk about exercise. Start your day early with a solid workout. Even a brisk walk will do. Your cortisol levels are highest in the morning, so your body is primed to burn fat. Getting up early and starting the day strong also sets you up for a productive morning.
- High-intensity-interval-training is the gold standard exercise routine to lose weight. It’s tried and true. It involves intervals of high intensity workouts, so that you keep bringing your heart-rate up repeatedly. This is hands down one of most effective methods to burn fat.
- The most crucial component of any weight loss plan is CONSISTANCY. Don’t slack and take days off. It’ll be harder to get back into rhythm. Don’t lose everything you’ve worked for by giving up mid-way. This is essential.
Lose weight now and have a happy new year!
Image Credits: google