13 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Whiteheads
Anyone who suffers from acne will also have the problem of black or whiteheads on the face. Whiteheads form when dead skin cells and sebum (face oil) block the hair follicles. We’ve got some easy and amazing natural remedies to get rid of whiteheads at home. No more spending money on it.
1. Oatmeal Scrub
Scrubbing helps open up the blocked pores. You can make a face scrub at home by mixing sugar, honey and oatmeal.
- Take 1/3 cup of oatmeal
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- Mix the ingredients and apply small amounts on your skin
- Massage gently for 5 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
2. Facial Steaming
Steaming is the best way to get rid of whiteheads, as it unblocks the clogged skin pores. Take a facial steam, once a day. Don’t forget to do icing later.
Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and are very good for dull skin.
- Rub the pulp of a tomato on the face, especially on the areas with whiteheads
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then wash.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of salt. Stir well
- Apply it on the face in a circular motion
- Wash it off with water and pat your skin dry
5. Potato Face Mask
To make potato face mask, blend a few raw potatoes and apply the paste on your face. Wait for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off.
The fluoride in the toothpaste can help cure both acne and whiteheads. Simply apply a gel-based paste to the affected area of the face, let it stay for a few minutes, and then wash it off with cold water.
7. Egg and Honey Mix
Egg whites make the skin pores firm, and honey acts as a moisturizer.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of organic yogurt
- egg white from 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of warm honey
- Mix well all the ingredients using a fork
- Apply a thin layer on the face. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Use warm water to rinse it off.
8. Benzoyl Peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide works as an antibacterial agent which reduces the blockage that causes whiteheads. Utilize benzoyl peroxide, only if you suffer from a moderate case of closed whiteheads.
9. Clay Mask
Clay mask helps exfoliate dead skin cells. Apply a thin layer and allow it to dry for 10 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
10. Baking Soda
- Mix baking soda with water and make a thick paste
- Apply this paste on your face and let it sit until it dries
- Wash off with warm water later.
11. Warm Towel
- Dip a towel in warm water
- Then, squeeze out all the water
- Put the towel on your face as you lie down on your back
- This will help open up pores
Use this remedy for at least 10 minutes every day, at night before you hit the bed.
Apply lemon juice on your face with the help of a cotton ball. The citric acid will open up the pores, and dry the excess oil.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is best used after a steam bath. Apply some apple cider vinegar on your face and let it dry. Do not rinse.