As the name suggests, Chicken Malai Boti comprises of melt in the mouth chicken pieces seasoned with spices and lemon juice. Serve with tandoori naan and a kachumber salad on the side.
How to Make Chicken Malai Boti
- ½ kg boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white cumin
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw papaya paste
- 3 – 4 green chillies, ground into paste
- Oil, for grilling
- Place chicken cubes in a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, salt, white cumin seeds, yoghurt, coriander powder, red chilli flakes, cream, lemon juice, raw papaya pate and green chillies. Mix together and let it marinate for 2 hours at least.
- Once the chicken has been marinated, put the chicken cubes on skewers and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or grill pan or barbeque.
- Cook/grill the chicken cubes till cooked through and tender.
- Turn the chicken skewers around on sides, brushing more oil if required.
- Serve hot with salad and chutney on the side.