Chicken, Cheese & Capsicum Box Patties
A twist on our traditional samosa, these box patties are filled with chicken, capsicum and of course lots of cheese. Keep a batch of these frozen snacks on hand in the freezer to have with evening tea or for sudden guests.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 capsicum (shimla mirch), chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (to taste)
- 2-3 green chilies, sliced
- 4 tablespoon cheddar cheese
- 1 packet samosa patti / wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil, for frying
- Heat butter in a medium pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for about a minute.
- Add flour and cook for about 30 – 45 seconds, while stirring constantly.
- Add milk and cook for about 1-2 minutes till mixture is thick. Keep stirring constantly, or use a whisk to ensure that there are no lumps in the batter.
- Add boiled and shredded chicken along with capsicum.
- Add salt, pepper, red chili flakes and mix together.
- Add cheese and stir till it melts in the mixture. In case the mixture is too dry, add milk.
- Set aside mixture to cool.
- Take two samosa patti and put them in a cross pattern, one over the other.
- Place filling in the middle and put egg wash on the edges. Fold one patti over the other and make a parcel.
- Heat oil and deep fry the box patties till golden. Use a slotted spoon to take out the box patties and use a kitchen towel/tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- The box patties can also be frozen, and fried when needed.
Note: Keep a cloth or kitchen towel over the samosa patti / wrappers so that they don’t dry out.