Sweet and Sour Chicken Salad
A simple and easy to make chicken salad that will satisfy your appetite, taste buds, and more importantly your budget.
- ½ kg chicken sliced breast-piece
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1tsp corriander powder
- ½ cup coriander
- ½ cup mint
- 1 tbs steak sauce
- 1 tbs sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bunch lettuce
- ½ onion
- Season the chicken with oil, lemon juice, chili powder, pepper, coriander powder and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add oil into a pan. Fry chicken in it, 4 to 5 minutes per side to medium high heat.
- Pour oil into a pan. Add chicken slices and fry for about 5 to 6 minutes on medium high heat until chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, steak sauce, and sugar.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add cubed tomatoes, cucumber, mint and coriander. Pour the dressing into the bowl and toss it well.
- Top the bowl with the chicken pieces. Sprinkle some mint and serve.