Being South Asians, it’s our hobby to eat. Generally, other people eat because they want to live, but we live only to eat. Whether someone comes to this world or leaves it, whether it is a celebration or an observance, each and every occasion of ours is linked with food.
This immense amount of love for food leads us to obesity and issues related to body-image and body-shaming. While men usually accept the reality of them being fat, as majority are least bothered about it, women often go to extremes in order to get their ideal size back.
The word “dieting” scares everyone. For many, it symbolizes consumption of lots of boring food, boiled veggies, chicken, some tasteless soups and what not. But with the passage of time, I have realized that dieting can be really fun. You can eat your favorite things only by replacing them with some healthy options.
Have you ever imagined eating pasta while on a diet? I am sure you haven’t. Here is a pasta recipe for all those pasta-lovers who are on diet; you surely can try this in order to satisfy your months-long craving.
Whole wheat flour
- Mix two eggs in a small cup of whole wheat flour.
- Add a pinch of black pepper, white pepper and some water, if needed, to make the dough.
- Wrap this dough with plastic bag and leave it for half an hour.
- After half an hour, put two drops of olive oil at the back and top of the dough and make a thin roti from it. (If the dough sticks then you can cover it with plastic bag; this way it will not stick)
- Now cut long thin strips of pasta.
- In a bowl, boil some water by adding one tea spoon of olive oil; add these strips in the boiling water.
- Wash whole wheat pasta with cold water.
Tomato puree (paste of tomato)
Chicken boneless (small pieces)
Black and white pepper
Garlic and ginger paste
- In a pan, add one tea spoon of ginger-garlic paste and sauté chicken cubes in it.
- When the water of chicken dries, add soya sauce, black and white pepper.
- Add three table spoons of broth and cook it on low flame.
- When the broth dries, add capsicum and cabbage and add some red chili if required
- Add tomato puree.
- Now add pasta in it.
- You can add white cheddar cheese if you want.
Enjoy your pasta.
Being slim is what we all run after too. It is not something impossible. You don’t need to starve yourself. Eat whatever you want but it should be healthy. Don’t run after junk food. Eat natural things. By only controlling your portion of food, you can reduce a lot of weight. Believe in yourself and love yourself.
If you have any queries you can ask me by replying to the post.