6 Proven Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a low calorie food. It may not be rich in vitamins or minerals, but it does contain a tiny amount of potassium. Quality apple cider vinegar also contains some amino acids and antioxidants. Well, you must have heard about several benefits of apple cider vinegar. We’ve discussed here few of the top ones.
1. ACV can Kill Many Types of Bacteria
Apple Cider Vinegar has traditionally been used for disinfecting, treating nail fungus, lice, warts, and ear infections. Vinegar has been used as a food preservative, and studies show that it inhibits bacteria from growing in the food and spoiling it. So, if you are looking for a natural way to preserve your food, then apple cider vinegar could be highly useful.
2. ACV has Cancer-Fighting Properties
Cancer is a silent killer and its symptoms don’t manifest until you’re at a stage where you can do little to cure it. Research has shown that ACV can at least shrink and kill some types of cancer cells.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Lowers Bad Cholesterol & Prevents Heart Diseases
Having high cholesterol can lead to various heart ailments. Once bad cholesterol clogs the arteries, there is a huge risk of cardiac arrest. Apple cider vinegar can help control bad cholesterol because it contains chromogenic acids that help lower LDL or bad cholesterol, preventing it from accumulating and crystalizing in the bloodstream.
4. Reduces Bacterial Infections on Teeth
ACV is able to reduce bacterial count on teeth. The test was done on teeth extracted through a root canal, not the ones present inside the mouth.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff
- For dandruff, spray a solution of apple cider vinegar and water onto the scalp, and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing.
- This solution helps pesky dandruff, with persistent flakes and itchiness.
- Use this remedy once or twice a week.
- If you have color-treated hair, consult your color technician as it may alter your color.
6. Get Rid of Pimples and Acne
Dap a solution of ACV and water onto pimples. Apple cider vinegar may help dry out pimples. Dilute it before applying it to the face as it can cause skin irritation or burns.