Roger Federer targets Wimbledon and Olympics in 2016
Roger Federer has announced his tennis schedule for the next year. The 17-time Grand Slam winner will be excluding all clay events in 2016 except for the French Open.
The 34-year old Swiss who has won six titles in 2015, will be looking forward to be in action in a total of 16 events in 2016.
The schedule is as follows:-
- Brisbane (January 1st)
- Australian Open (Grand Slam) (January 18th)
- Rotterdam (February 8th)
- Dubai Open (February 22nd)
- Indian Wells (March 7th)
- Roland Garros – French Open (Grand Slam) (May 22nd)
- Stuttgart (June 6th)
- Halle (June 13th)
- The Championship- Wimbledon (Grand Slam) (June 27th)
- Toronto (July 25th)
- Rio Olympics (August 8th)
- Cincinnati (August 15th)
- S Open (Grand Slam) (August 28th)
- Shanghai (October 10th)
- Basel (October 24th)
- Paris (October 31st)
Roger Federer will be looking to target Wimbledon and the Olympics which will be held in Rio later in 2016.