Get Your Tummy Looking Flat and Fly For That Sari, Now!
Cause we live for quick fixes and sexy saris
It’s wedding season- actually it’s winter wedding season. And everyone knows that you tend to eat a little extra in the winter months. So it isn’t technically our fault that we’ve put on a couple of extra pounds, right? The problem though, is that you need to wear a sari to the next wedding event and you need your belly to behave. Even if for a day.
We all want to be Shilpa Shetty in a Sari. Come, dream with us.
Or, you can follow these tips and tricks to get your tummy looking flat; temporarily:
- Drink lots of water. Dehydration can lead to water retention, causing you to bloat. So drink at least 8 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Drink lemon water when you wake up in the morning. Find out why lemon water is good for you.
- Have a good breakfast- skip the simple carbs and opt for more nutritious, filling options like oatmeal, cottage cheese, eggs, smoked chicken, etc.
- Drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily on the days leading up to the event
- Steer clear of gassy foods: no daal for you, today. Avoid cauliflower, beans, root vegetables, etc.
- Since carbs and proteins are easier for your body to digest, add more of these in your diet throughout the day. Cut the fat out as much as you can.
- Follow this exercise routine, specifically for brides to get fit for their big day
*disclaimer: this is only recommended for the day of the diet and not as a lifestyle change*
- Don’t chew gum, this causes you to swallow air and therefore bloat up
- Have a salad for lunch made of dark, leafy greens like spinach and kale. NOT cabbage and broccoli.
- Limit your salt intake as much as possible. Salt is one of the major reasons behind a bloated tummy
Use this guideline if you have a day or two before you need to wear a sari and you will not be disappointed. Please keep in mind that these guidelines are for a temporary fix and should not be part of a long-term lifestyle change. Nothing beats regular exercise and a clean eating plan. Find out how to maintain a healthy weight here.