Health Benefits of Your Favorite Nuts
Go crazy for nuts! Good things come in small packages. So, why not add your favorite nuts into your daily diet. These bite-sized packages contain vitamins, minerals and everything you need for a healthy body. However, excess of everything is bad. Consuming nuts in appropriate quantity will surely benefit you greatly. Here are a few benefits of some of your favorite nuts
- Almonds are known for lowering the bad cholesterol present in your blood stream.
- They protect the walls of arteries from damage and the flavonoids present in the almond skin work along with vitamin E to reduce the risk of cardio vascular diseases.
- Almonds contain phosphorus that strengthens our bones and teeth.
- They help lose weight due to the presence of healthy fat.
- Almonds help kill the craving for the unhealthy food options and keep you full for longer.
- Almonds contain nutrients that improve brain activity and also reduce the risks of Alzheimer’s disease.
- They are also a great source of vitamin E, thus, nourish skin and hair.
- Pistachios not only lower the bad cholesterol but also increase the good cholesterol, thus, preventing cardio vascular diseases.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of vitamin E and A.
- Pistachios help in prevention of type-2 diabetes due to the presence of phosphorus in it.
- They help increase the hemoglobin count. Pistachios contain vitamin B6 that increases the amount of oxygen being carried in the blood stream.
- Amino acids are required to make sheath around the nerves. Vitamin B6 is required by the amino acids to make these sheaths to create a good nerve impulse.
- Antioxidants present in pistachios destroy the free radicals that damage the eye and cause macular degeneration. Thus, pistachios improve eyesight.
- A lot of people have trouble sleeping through the night. Melatonin present in the walnuts induce sleep thus improves the sleep cycle.
- Vitamin B7 present in walnuts improves hair texture and stops hair fall.
- Walnuts are rich in antioxidants and vitamins that improve skin and make it glow.
- Study shows that walnuts prevent pancreatic cancer.
- Walnuts have been proven to be healthy for pregnant women. Fatty acids present in walnuts decrease the chances of baby’s developing food allergies.
- Walnuts lower blood pressure, thus, reduce stress. If you are having a rough time it is time you start on walnuts.
- Cashews contain calcium and magnesium that promote bone growth.
- The magnesium present in cashews keeps the calcium from entering the nerves, thus, keeps them healthy.
- Cashews prevent high blood pressure, migraine and minor headaches.
- Study shows that daily intake of cashews prevents gallstones.
- The antioxidants present in cashews act as co-factors for many enzymes that our present in our body.
- The magnesium content in cashews keeps our teeth strong and also provides our gums strength.
- Peanuts are known to fight stomach cancer. The antioxidants present in the peanuts reduce the production of carcinogenic nitrous-amines.
- Peanuts are rich in minerals such as, potassium, magnesium, manganese, iron and zinc, which are essential for many body systems.
- Peanuts are rich in vitamins that are essential for growth, enzymes, skin and hair.
- Study shows that eating peanuts often can lower the risk of becoming obese.
- Peanut butter has been proven to reduce the risks of developing colon cancer in women by 58%.
- Peanuts contain folic acid. If peanuts are eaten during pregnancy, neural tube defects can be avoided.
- Hazelnuts help you lose weight very quickly, because even a very small amount of it makes you feel full.
- Hazelnuts are good for muscles. They help prevent muscle fatigue, spasms and soreness.
- Hazelnuts can be eaten by vegetarians as a source of protein to build up muscles.
- They help you get rid of constipation by controlling bowel movements and softening the stool.
- Hazelnuts have also been known to improve fertility.
- They are also an amazing source of vitamin K, which is crucial for clotting of blood in life threatening situations.
- Pecans contain oleic acid, which reduces the risk of developing breast cancer.
- Magnesium present in pecans reduces the risk of stroke by 9%.
- The antioxidants present in pecans boost the immune system of the body.
- Pecans are rich in phytochemicals that fight against cancer.
- Pecans are known to improve digestive health, which includes bowel movements and prevention of colon cancer.
- Pecans help lose weight by increasing the rate of metabolism.
- Pine nuts improve eyesight due to the presence of vitamin A.
- They also contain monounsaturated fat that does not harm our body in any way.
- Pine nuts contain vitamin-D which is essential for bones and calcium absorption.
- Pine nuts are healthy for nervous and circulatory system due to the presence of iron.
- They are an excellent source of energy due to the presence of protein, hence, can be eaten for breakfast.
The presence of vitamin C in pine nuts improves