Get Smooth Skin with Tomato Masks
Tomatoes are funny things. Did you know they are fruit and not veggies we have all believed them to be? Not only are they an integral part of 98% of all Pakistani cuisines, they are also delicious when eaten on their own. But this is not where the glories of tomatoes end. They are prefect for your skin
• They remove tan
• Help in fighting blemishes and dark spots
• Keep your skin younger and fresher looking, no matter what time of the year it may be
The best news though is that tomatoes work for all skin types. You could have dry, oily or combination skin, and tomatoes can ensure that you have the perfect skin all year round. Not sure how that happens? Here is why tomatoes are so great for your skin, and how you can achieve rosy and shiny skin with tomato masks.
Why Tomatoes for Skin?
Tomatoes are filled to the brim with astringent and cooling properties. They are also rich in vitamins A and C. Cooling astringent properties of tomatoes help in bringing down inflammation or redness of the pimples as well as any other kind of abrasion. Vitamins A and C are both excellent nutrients for better skin health, brightness and elimination of acne scars. They also help in making sure that excess oil is removed from the face.
Now that you know just how wonderful is this underrated fruit, here are some masks that you can prepare right at home and put on your face whenever you like. Just use these masks twice-thrice a week and you will notice the difference.
Miraculous Tomato Masks
The following masks are very easy to make. Just make sure you do a patch skin test to see if they work well with your skin or not.
1. Tomato Cucumber Refresher
This mask is for women of all age groups. It helps in freshening up dull and tired looking skin while making sure it retains the moisture. All you need is a cucumber, a tomato and a few drops of lemon. Here is how you can make it:
• ½ mashed cucumber
• A few drops of lemonMix up all the ingredients and apply to face thickly. Leave for 15 minutes, wash, dry and apply a moisturizer.
2. Tan Rid Mask
This mask is going to help you get your bright and fresh complexion back again. Just make sure you do this consistently for a fortnight to see results. It will also help in reducing acne marks and spots. Here is how you can make it:
• ½ teaspoon of lemon juice• A pinch of cinnamonMix all the ingredients and apply to face. Leave for 20 minutes and wash off by rubbing the mask. Moisturize after.
3. Skin Tonic
This mask is perfect for a pick me up of your skin. Easy enough to make, here is the method:
• 1 tablespoon raw honey
• Few drops of lemonMix them up, put on face and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water and moisturize.
Do you like these tomato mask recipes? Let us know which ones worked best for you!