Natural Ways to Lighten Dark Knees and Elbows At Home
Do your elbows and knees look dark and scruffy? When pigmentation occurs on these areas of the skin, scrubbing with soap does not usually help to get an even skin tone. Here are a few natural remedies that will help one lighten the skin tone of dark knees and elbow.
Garlic and Onion
- Cut a clove of garlic and an onion.
- Rub it directly on your elbows and knees for approx. 10 minutes.
- Wash it later and dry.
Garlic and onions are rich in numerous minerals and volatile oils. They are a good remedy to lighten up darkened body parts especially elbows and knees.
Lemon to Lighten Dark Knees and Elbows
Lemon has natural bleaching properties which can help even skin tone.
- Apply lemon juice on dark knees and elbows.
- Massage gently and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Later, rinse with warm water. Repeat this for a couple of weeks and see the difference.
You can make use of almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil for the same purpose. These oils are rich in antioxidants that gradually lighten the skin in these areas. Using oil regularly will also impart moisture to the rough, dry skin, conferring a better glow.
Yogurt is known to be a good moisturizer and also helps lighten the dark skin.
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar and gram flour to yogurt, and apply the mix.
- Wash after 15 minutes, with lukewarm water.
Honey and Aloe Vera Mask
Honey acts as a natural moisturizer for your skin whereas saponins and lignin’s present in aloe plant go deep in the skin and clean it excellently.
- Apply aloe vera gel and honey mask on the knees and elbows and wash it after half an hour.
Baking soda effectively cleans the skin and reduces the appearance of dark patches from the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with a little milk and scrub in circular motion on knees and elbows.
- Milk also bleaches and cleanses the skin.
Turmeric with Honey and Almond Oil
Turmeric can do miracles. Along with being a natural skin lightener, it also wards off irritations and any potential free radical induced damages.
- Mix 2 tbsp. turmeric with 1 tbsp. each of honey and almond oil for inducing hydration.
- Apply this mixture and wash off after 25 minutes.
- Follow up with a little almond oil.