Cure Itchy Armpits with 11 Natural Ingredients
Armpit rashes are irritating and it’s quite an unpleasant experience. It can be caused due to an improper care of hygiene. Waxing and shaving can also cause itchiness. Rashes cause the redness of skin and small bumps appear on the surface. Itchy armpits also mean more sweating and odor. All of this can be treated at home with natural ingredients. Following are a few methods to get rid of itchy armpits.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has soothing properties. It reduces redness and itchiness.
- Directly apply aloe vera gel on the itchy area and leave it on to dry for some time.
- After it is completely dried wash your armpits with cold water and let them dry.
- Do this 5 to 6 times a day to see a good result.
2. Cold Pads
One should always keep cold pads in the refrigerator. If you do not have it, then wrap a few ice cubes in a cotton towel and apply it to the itchy area. This will soothe down the rash and prevent the small bumps from turning into blisters.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has antibacterial properties.
- Apply coconut oil along with lemon juice. This will help get rid of the bacteria that cause itchiness. However, avoid using lemon juice if you have shaved or waxed recently.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda has dehydrating properties. If applied on the rash, it can dry it out and prevent the formation of blisters.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water and then apply it on the rash.
- Wash it off with water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this method regularly to see a difference.
5. Hot Pads
Just like cold pads, hot pads also help soothe the skin. Apply hot pads or soak a cotton towel in hot water and apply it directly onto the rash.
6. Vitamin E
Vitamin E helps regenerate the skin.
- Apply vitamin E oil on the rash and massage it.
- Leave it on the rash to completely dry.
- You can do this process twice a day till you get your expected result.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil works as an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. You can use tea tree oil along with coconut oil and apply it on the rash. Repeat this twice a day till your skin is clear. Tea tree oil soothes down the irritation and also helps treat fungal infections.
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces redness as well.
- Make a paste of crushed oatmeal, yogurt and turmeric powder.
- Scrub your armpits with this and then leave it on to dry.
- Wash it off with warm water after it gets dry.
- Do this twice or thrice a week to see a good result.
Neem has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help get rid of the itchiness and rashes. You can boil neem leaves in water and then soak cotton swabs in it. Put those soaked cotton swabs on the rashes. Do this twice or thrice a day for good results.
10. Shea Butter
Shea butter protects skin. It has anti-fungal properties which are beneficial for treating rashes. Clean and dry up the itchy area and then massage it with shea butter. The moisture soothes down the itchiness and reduces redness.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a lot of benefits. It helps heal and fights bacteria. It is acidic and can prove to be a little stingy.
- To cure itchy armpits, add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in half cup of water.
- Soak cotton balls in it and then dab them over rashes.
- Wash it after 10 minutes.
- Do not apply apple cider vinegar directly onto the rashes because it can cause burning due to low pH levels.