Best Ingredients to Tighten Your Sagging Skin
What makes a person’s face look younger or older involves a number of factors, from skin texture, tone, and color to wrinkles, loss of volume, and sagging. Sagging skin happens because collagen, the structural support of your skin, diminishes over time. Collagen loss also contributes mightily toward volume loss and wrinkle formation. But what to do if you have a sagging skin and you want to tighten the skin of your face and neck? The best and foremost way to start of with is to make some lifestyle changes such as, quit smoking, reduce sugar consumption, exercise and stress less.
However, if you are still looking for the natural ways to tighten the sagging skin at home, read on to know about the ingredients that are easily available and can definitely help you with your sagging skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Tightening
Apple cider vinegar can combat the signs of ageing such as age spots and freckles due to high amount of sulfur present in it. Plus, it also tightens your skin and decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water well.
- Massage your face and neck with this solution.
- Let it dry naturally and then wash it off.
Rose Water for Sagging Skin
Rose water is referred as your greatest friend, especially relating to the way on how to tighten face skin. It is a simple and natural astringent and toner, that helps tighten the sagging skin. Rose water is also famous for its natural anti-septic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, properties. Moreover, it contains a pleasant fragrance making it a fresh and light fragrant to wear during the summer season.
- Apply a little rose water over your face and neck before going to bed.
- Keep it overnight, and wash your face the next morning.
Lemon and Olive Oil Face Pack
Olive oil is also a good remedy for maintaining the firmness of your face skin. It comprises of antioxidants such as vitamins A and E that can render anti-aging advantages. Plus, it will help keep the skin well moisturized. Lemon juice in this recipe acts as a facial skin pores cleaner. Along with that, lemon is also rich in vitamin C that improves the amount of collagen. Collagen is generally a substance that helps prevent sagging skin and wrinkles as well. This solution also helps alleviate the acne on your face.
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Add 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice to olive oil.
- Mix well and apply this mixture on your face.
- Leave it for half an hour and later wash your face with lukewarm water.
Blueberry and Honey Face Mask
Blueberry fights free radicals and tightens skin as well. Blueberries are full of essential vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, antioxidants and phytochemicals. They are also a great natural skin toner. Tone your skin properly to tighten skin pores, reduce acne risk and provide hydration and nourishment to the skin.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ cup of blueberries
- Blend blueberries in a blender to achieve a smooth paste.
- Then, massage your face by using the unprocessed honey thoroughly.
- After that, apply this blueberry paste over that honey smoothened face.
- Wait for 30 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. You will notice the difference on your face.
Cucumber Mask for Sagging Skin
To help tighten loose and sagging skin, you can also use cucumber. It is one of the best natural skin toners and has a refreshing effect on skin. There are number of ways to apply it:
• Grind half a cucumber and squeeze it through a strainer to extract its juice. Apply this juice on your face and leave it on until it dries. Rinse it off with cool water. Use this remedy once daily.
• You can make a face mask with 2 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, 1 egg white and 3-5 drops of vitamin E oil. Apply this mask on your face and neck, leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water. Use this mask once a week.
• You can also combine 1 tablespoon each of grated cucumber and plain yogurt. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat several times a week to tighten the sagging skin.