There’s nothing more reassuring of your beauty than being the wearer of a great body. And by a great shape, we mean lean stomach, toned arms & legs, beautiful skin, and the most important of all – a well-made booty.
But to achieve this kind of body is not easy. You’ll need to have a good diet, train a lot, and focus on the parts you want to improve over time. But anyone can make their body more attractive by taking good care of it following the right instructions.
Here we are going to teach you five excellent exercises that will help you enhance your butt by increasing volume and toning it up. If you are eager to learn how – then come further and find out!
5 Butt-Enhancing Exercises to Do Anywhere!
We know it can be hard to train yourself when you know little to nothing about exercising. Luckily, we know exactly what exercises you should do if you want a great booty. Here are five you shouldn’t dismiss:
1. Hip Thrusts
The hip thrust is probably the first choice of most trainers when it comes to toning up and increasing volume in the booty. It is an almost perfect exercise along with squats. And the best of all, you can do it practically anywhere; you’ll just need a chair or exercising bench to do it.
- Anchor your back on the chair or exercise bench perpendicularly. Make sure your butt can touch the floor while planting your feet firmly on the ground.
- Your feet should be away from the chair, so when you push your hips up, your shins are entirely perpendicular to the floor.
- Now, starting from the bottom, you’ll push your hips up. Try to push as far as possible without separated from the chair or bench. Keep your back straightened and chest up to prevent lower back issues.
- Once your hips are elevated, you can squeeze your butt as much as possible for 1-2 seconds. Then you can come back to initial position (with your butt touching the floor).
- We recommend doing at least 4 sets of 15 reps each.
You can also add weight to it for increased strengthening, either with a barbell or with a few discs.
- Adopt the same position as if you were doing a normal hip thrust with your back against the bench or chair.
- Then use a padded barbell or disc(s), according to your strength capacity. Place them at the beginning of your leg, close to the hips.
- Here’s vital to maintain your back as straightened as possible as you’re using weight. But follow the same elevating process of the hips.
- Squeeze butt while it’s on top and lower hips back down slowly maintaining pressure. Then repeat the process for at least 4 sets of 10 reps each.
Squats are the most straightforward exercise you can do, and they offer exceptional results for your booty in almost no time. And if you want great legs along with the butt, squats are the best one to go for.
Here’s to do squats:
- Stand and place your feet shoulder-width apart from each other. Point the feet slightly outwards so you can go down without harming your knees.
- Now, try to push your hips back a little and go back down. Make sure your hips stay back. Go down until your thighs meet a 45º position (or as close to it as possible) with your knees pointing up.
- Squeeze when you reach the bottom for 1 second and then go back up. Squeeze once more while standing.
- Then repeat the process for at least 4 series of 20 repetitions each.
You can also add weights to squats. A weighted squat can be done with either dumbbells or a barbell.
- Stand with your feet at the same width as if you were doing a regular This time, however, grab two dumbbells of equal weight with one in each hand. Or place a padded barbell in your upper back with the right weight (not too much and not too little).
- Now, making sure of pushing your hips back but maintaining your back completely straightened, you can go down with the weight.
- Remember to go back down as possible. You can go down to 90º only if needed and go back up without standing entirely and repeat.
- Make sure to do at least 4 series of 10 repetitions each or 2 series of 20 reps. Be careful with the weight you pick.
When it comes to complex exercises, you’ll find lunges very fun and useful for butt-enhancement. And it is not a secret why. It works everything from your quadriceps to your hamstrings, back, and of course, your butt. Doing it is not as easy as other exercises, but still pretty straightforward.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Standing usually and put one of your feet in front of you. Then put all your weight on the back foot and go down slowly.
- Try to achieve a form where the front thigh makes a 90º degree angle from the knee which should align with the ankle. Your lower leg should also bend down, with your knee almost touching the floor.
- Once you achieve this position, you can go back up and repeat. Or instead, change the leg with a step forward and follow the same process.
- Making the strength from the butt and leg is essential. So squeeze while doing this exercise to achieve better results.
- Also keep your back straightened at all times, as firm as possible without leaning forward or backward to prevent balance issues.
- Repeat this exercise for 4 set of at least 15 reps or steps per leg.
This exercise can also be done with explosive jumps or with weights. Weighted lunges are following the same process but with dumbbells on your hands or a barbell in your back. To prevent damage as a novice, we recommend doing the explosive lunge instead.
- After following the same process as a standard lunge, before going back up you should instead jump.
- While jumping, you can switch the legs midair and land in the same position but with the opposite leg forward.
- Make sure to jump high enough to change your legs fast. Remember to keep your back straightened in the process.
4. Side Squat
Similarly to a squat, this exercise demands you to go down as far as possible and squeeze your glutes. However, this one also focuses a lot on the hips, which are essential to developing an attractive back look.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Stand with your feet a hip-width apart from each other. Then slowly make a step to one of your sides.
- By moving only one leg, step firmly and put all your weight on it. Then go back down until the thigh of the leg you moved is at 45º degrees.
- The other leg should be straightened. While going down, squeeze your butt as much as you can. Then go back up slowly by straightening both legs accordingly.
- You can do it by changing legs each repetition or focusing in one leg per series. Do at least 4 set of 15 repetitions each.
An improved alternative to side squats is using a band. As using weights can be difficult, an exercise band will give you the resistance for better muscle activation, especially on the hips.
- Place a band of light or medium-light tension in your ankles. Then follow the same squatting process.
- Remember to always keep the tension in the band. For this, we recommend squatting to the same side until you finish the repetitions in each set. Try to do it in a large room or outside.
- Do at least 4 sets of 10 repetitions each.
Even though deadlifts are mostly oriented towards the back and hamstrings, they offer excellent results when it comes to building a nice butt. The only drawback is that you’ll have to use a barbell or dumbbells without exception. Yet, the results will surprise you.
Here’s what you should do:
- The form is critical in this exercise, so focus on doing it the right way to prevent issues with your back.
- Hold the barbell or dumbbells in your hands and stand hip-width feet apart. Then slowly push your hips back.
- Try to achieve a 45º position with your torso with your hips back. Lower down the weight as close to the floor as possible. Make sure your back is straightened all the way or as flat as possible.
- While going down, bend your knees just a little resembling the movement of a squat. But only Then go back up.
- Going back up means you push your torso up. Squeeze your hamstrings and butt as much as you can while going up. Then go back to standing position and repeat.
- Remember to follow the right form to prevent back problems. Do at least 4 sets of 10-15 repetitions.
How to Make Your Booty Amazing!
These exercises will surely provide all the necessary physical improvement for achieving a great butt in no time. But you may eventually need something extra to increase volume and improve looks.
The best butt enhancement creams, for example, can help you meet your booty goals fast and effectively. Pair the cream with our butt exercises, and you’ll achieve a hugely attractive butt in no time. Don’t hesitate and start exercising now!