Eat Light at Night with Fit in 5’s Recipes this Ramadan
During Ramadan, Pakistani people especially, love to eat a whole variety of dishes that they usually don’t do throughout the year. And that’s what makes Ramadan even more special by making every meal time a feast of its own.
However, eating so much and such heavy delicacies can not only get you off the healthy track but, also make you feel full and….fat.
So, keeping it minimal yet having the best of it, here are some Ramadan recipes that we gathered for you with the help of professional and renowned trainer Mustafa Totana (chief trainer and owner of FIT in 5). He helps us gather meal recipes that are not only light on the scale but, that will have your taste buds on the run too.
Ramadan Recipe 1: Grilled Chicken Breasts with Coriander and Lime
This is a low carbohydrate meal. To make it in to a high carb meal (for those that may not want to eat it all by itself or underweight) you can add 1/3 cup of brown rice to this dish.
- Chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. Peanut oil (or olive oil for those that may not have easy access to it)
- Coriander leaves (3-4 stems)
- Lime juice
- 15 ml onion
- Red pepper
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Firstly, chop the onion and coriander leaves.
- Then take the chicken breasts and bang them with a meat mallet until thin.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Marinate on both sides of the chicken and make sure you cover it well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper in the end according to your taste.
- Grill until cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and lime wedges.
Ramadan Recipe 2: Orange and Chili Hake Fillets
For the fish lovers! This is a low carbohydrate meal and to transform it in to a high carb meal you can add baked sweet potato to this dish.
- White fish fillets (1-2 fish fillet per person only)
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 spring onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander
- ½ tsp. Sesame oil (olive oil can be an alternate if not available)
- Take the orange and grate it for its zest about 2-4 tbs. should be enough.
- Then slice the spring onions and chop the coriander leaves.
- Place fillets on baking sheet.
- Mix the chili sauce, orange zest, spring onion, coriander and sesame oil and coat it onto the fish.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
Ramadan Recipe 3: Beef Stir Fry
If you’re a fan of beef, this one is for you. This is a low carbohydrate meal and to make it into a high carb meal you can add quinoa to this dish. Or you can add 1/3 cup of brown rice or 2 slices of brown bread, whatever suits your liking.
- Beef strips (7-12)
- 4 cups of Stir fry vegetables: Broccoli, Carrots, Red Peppers, Green Beans, and Onion
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Herbs and spices
- Take all the stir fry vegetables and chop them to fil up to 4 cups.
- Next, mince the garlic. Heat oil in wok and add onions and garlic first and fry for a minute.
- Then, add the beef strips and sauté them till cooked.
- Add vegetables and spices at the end in the wok and toss it around for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with some lemon juice or coriander leaves. (Optional)
Ramadan Recipe 4: Chicken Pulao with special spice-it-up Chatni
This is a high carbohydrate meal and is meant to be eaten in small portions if you’re trying to be on a diet.
- 2 Cups of Brown rice (soaked in water for 25-30 minutes)
- 1½ cup boneless chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp.garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Pulao masala (You can use the packet ones)
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Cut the onion into slices. Heat the olive oil and add onion and chicken, cook till brown.
- Add on the garlic paste and cook it for another minute.
- Then, add pulao masala and cook until everything is mixed and chicken is cooked.
- Add 1-2 cups water and rice and cook on low flame for 25-30 minutes.
- 1½ tbsp. grounded red chili.
- ¼ tsp. garlic paste.
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste.
Directions: Blend the ingredients and mix it through, you can also add fat free yogurt. (Optional)
Ramadan Recipe 5: Chicken or Beef Pasta
This is a high carbohydrate meal.
- 1½ Cup Minced chicken or beef
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta
- ½ tbsp. garlic paste
- ½ tsp crushed red chili
- Lemon juice
- Salt, pepper and oregano to taste
- Take chicken or beef (minced- according to your choice) marinate with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic paste and lemon juice according to your taste.Cook your chicken or beef in a fry pan with olive oil.
- Boil the whole wheat pasta in 2-3 cups of water.
- Take a pot and mix in the chicken and pasta with the sauce thoroughly.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- ½ tbsp. Garlic and Ginger Paste
- ½ tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
- Take 2 tomatoes and boil them for few minutes.
- After they are cooked, peel the skin out and mash tomatoes to make a paste.
- Take one onion and chop it finely.
- Put olive oil in your wok or pan and brown the onion with garlic and ginger paste once turned to a brown color, put the tomato paste along with little salt pepper and oregano to your taste and mix thoroughly.
- Add in a little water if it’s too thick or is drying out.
Try these healthy and nutritious recipes this Ramadan and eat light for the night!
To find out more info about FIT in 5, you can visit: https://www.facebook.com/getfitin5/
Image Credits: google, GOOGLE