All this delicious mango mousse requires is chopped mangoes (or mango puree, if not in season), cream and just enough time for the mousse to set.
- 1 ½ cups mango pulp
- Water, if required
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup cream, chilled
- ½ cup sugar
- Place chopped mango in blender. Blend till puree is formed. If necessary, add a bit of water.
- Place 1 tablespoon cold water in a bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon gelatin and let it stand for a minute till it softens. Add hot water, and mix well.
- Add the gelatin mixture in the mango puree. Set aside.
- Take cream in a large glass bowl. Add sugar and beat till soft peaks are formed.
- Add the mango puree and fold the puree through. Reserve a few tablespoons of the mango puree for decoration.
- Place a tablespoon of the mango puree in a glass, and then pour mango mousse on top. Decorate with a mint leave.
- Refrigerate the mango mousse for at least 4 hours, or till set before serving.
Note: The mango mousse can be set in glasses or a bowl as per personal preference.