Chocolate Vanilla Biscuit Pudding
This delicious dessert is a combination of three different flavors. It starts off with a layer of crunchy tea biscuits, followed by a rich & creamy vanilla pudding, and then topped off with a dark chocolate topping. Make sure it’s completely chilled before serving to your guests.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk, divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For layering the pudding:
- 1 family pack tea biscuits
- Combine the sugar, corn flour and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add ½ cup milk and stir to form a smooth paste.
- Whisk in the remaining 3½ cups milk and the egg yolks.
- Turn flame to low and heat the mixture while simmering continuously.
- Continue stirring till mixture is thickened and you can see small bubbles at the edges (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Take out the vanilla pudding in a glass bowl and cover with cling film. This will ensure that there is no skin formed on the pudding. Set aside for about 20 minutes so it can cool down.
- Take a 9 x 9 inch pyrex glass dish and place biscuits on the bottom.
- Pour 1/2 of pudding mixture over the biscuits.
- Repeat with another layer of biscuits, and the remaining pudding.
- Top with a 3rd layer of biscuits.
- In a small sauce pan mix together all of the ingredients for the chocolate topping.
- Whisk and cook until the sugar is dissolved, but do not boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over a very low simmer.
- Pour over biscuits, spreading evenly.
- Place in fridge for 4-6 hours until chocolate is completely set.